Chapter 6

The next day was pretty boring. I was expecting at least something to happen. Savannah and Mason still haven't talked, she hasn't even looked at him. I was expecting Lexi or Bates or maybe even Bobby to say something but Bobby hasn't been here for the last few days. The only thing exciting is that Barry can make you sweat within seconds. Ezra has been talking nonstop about Barry. Savannah has complained to me saying she wants her own Barry that isn't Barry. Walking to my 1st hour hoping to see Bobby. This grade is actually important and I actually started a bit on it. I decided we're doing a 3D poster making the DNA come out. Which is total cliché but it's an easy a so I just went with it. "Today I'm allowing you to work in class on your DNA project. Please behave, the administrators are checking the classes." Mr. Blank said doing a weird dance as he sat down. Administrators? Why are they walking around? As if Lexi read my mind she said, "Mister Blank? Why exactly are the administrators checking on classes?" The way she said it, she knew something and so did Bates. "Some incidents have been happening lately and a lot of students are being found with drugs or alcohol, so they're checking for that stuff." He said on his phone. "Good thing we don't do drugs." Savannah said slowly looking at me with a questioning glance. "Are you serious right now? I would never. C'mon you know me even though I act like it sometimes doesn't mean I actually do. Drugs are bad especially for you know." I told her writing in my notebook. "Well good. But I have to go with Bates wish me luck." She said rolling her eyes in annoyance and walking towards Jane. As soon as she left I pulled out a book I found in the library Aunt Sheila has off limits. She'll survive. On March 23, 1745 the Castaways made the wizard world a better place. Keeping things in order. March 23? Isn't that Bobby's birthday? I only know that because last year everybody bought him gifts and cake and shit. Only a few days later, dark magic was getting more popular. Young wizards getting involved, ruining there lives because they thought it was "cool." A dark wizard named Ja- "Hey sorry I'm late." I jumped in my seat and slammed the book shut. Making everyone look back at me, my cheeks felt hot. I looked at Bobby, "Did you start on it without me?" He said with a pout. I don't have time for this even though he looks absolutely adorable. "Well this grade is actually important and I can't waste valuable time." I told him with a snap. "Whatcha reading? Looks a bit outdated. I mean I know you're into reading but this is a little too old don'tcha think?" He said with a smile totally ignoring my statement. I don't like it when people ignore my statements. "No, not at all. Books shouldn't be outdated just like music. Just like our project you have no idea on. We should get started." I told him with a snap once again. He just smiled, "Well someone is a bit feisty." He said it with a wink. I immediately looked away. Hot cheeks. "I'll finish building it and then I just we can color or label afterwards." I told him once I contained my composure. "Yes! I wanna color it and you can label!" He's such a child. Awh. "Sure." I said laughing a bit. By the time class was over flirtatious smiles and laughs were all over the place. I never even noticed the finger bruises on his neck. When I looked at it for a split second he was already ahead of me and covered it with his hoodie. "So you wanna finish it this weekend? At my place?" He asked. I sent him a smile, "Yeah just text me the address." "Why don't I come pick you up?" "That's not necessary." I told him and we made separate ways.

As I made my way towards 5th hour, I saw John. "Hey Kate! How's your day been?" He asked me as we walked to class together. Looking at him I replied with, "Absolutely great and yours?" He let out a breath and I realized he looked a like he got a lot of muscle. Maybe he's been working out. "Miserable. I'm so sore from football practice and with the full moon- I mean football practice has just been killing me." We took our seats and before I could say something the teacher started talking but I just zoned out. I could these last boring days have been leading up something was going to happen I could feel it. Well you're not wrong. Victoria? What the fuck. Oops haha sorry but seriously finishing reading that book and inform your friends or family. Why? You all should've known these things a while back. We didn't know we were wizards until we were 11, give us a break. They don't play fair. You need to be aware. Victoria you're going to scare her. Jasmine go away. No, she's our friend and her family doesn't need to be involved. They're already involved. Don't you see. It's only going to get worse. What are you guys talking about? I never got a reply. "Hey you and Savannah wanna go see a movie with me and Harry tomorrow night?" John whispered to me. I could see he was waiting to text someone back. "Sure, as long as it's not scary." He just smirked. Today's only Thursday, tomorrow's Friday. It's supposed to be a full moon tomorrow. Well don't we have something to find out.

"No, I'm not letting you two go unless Ezra or Mason are going with." Aunt Sheila told us when we asked. "But Ezra is going to that wizard thing with Craig." Savannah said dragging her words a bit. "Then bring Mason." She said. Somebody's in a mood. "They're not on talking limits, or should I say, looking at each other limits." I said picking a carrot after she chopped it. "Then I guess you're not going. I don't know those people and you two are just like my daughters. I've heard many things about those people and they weren't pleasant." She said washing her hands. Savannah and I looked at each other. "What do you mean Aunt Sheila?" Savannah asked in a curious tone. "I've said too much- the answer is no unless Mason is going with. End of discussion." She said. Sometimes she was great, other times a total bitch. I texted John saying we can't go. The only way I convinced her to go to Bobby's place was because it's for a school project. She literally is our mom. She doesn't want us near any boy because they have "bad intentions." I went to sleep that night listening to howls.