Chapter 17

Aaron ignored me all last night. Everyone was welcoming Mason back. Cara and Carter finally made it official. I woke up this morning feeling like shit. My whole throat was bruised. The bathroom door opened. "You scared the hell out of me!" "Sorry, I need to fix up my bandages. Also I believe you're not supposed to be talking." Nathaniel gave me a sly grin. It was before hours right now. Nobody was awake except for us. He wasn't wearing a shirt and his hair was a complete mess. His glasses were off so, he was a bit blind. "Uh could you help me?" He asked. I nodded. When I took off his bandages, to say I didn't gasp would mean I'm insane. His back was scrapped so deep. I wonder why Aunt Sheila didn't want to get him stitches. Once I got done with his back I told him to turn around so, I could clean his front cuts. He was holding onto my hips for balance. I bit my lip for the sake of being strong for him. I wanted to gag at the cuts and punch him for pushing his nails into my hips. Right when I was done, the door opened. "Oh. Um. S-sorry. I'll just go to the other bathroom." Aaron stuttered with his morning voice. "No bro, your good. She was just cleaning the scrapes." And just like that I was left with a shirtless Aaron who looked more like he would prefer to be with Henry Hale, then in this moment. "I'll just go." I stated. I really wanted him to say something but, he didn't.

When I walked into the kitchen, Daralyn and Savannah were discussing something that looked serious. "I know the spell Daralyn, but I can't say it without you and the other there too." Savannah said frustrated. "Okay, okay, but how do we know it will work?" "With the halfies doing their spell and us three doing ours we'll be easily able to destroy him." Savannah said thinking hard. Mason walked in and I knew I had to walk in as well. The tension was to much for all of us. "Nothing like good old times, right guys." I said smiling putting my arm around them both. I only said it because Mason was trying to levitate his orange juice. Then it seemed as everyone else woke up and joined us. "So tell me what's going on with you and Aaron?" Mason asked me quiet enough to where Aaron won't hear but everyone else did. They all snapped their heads in my direction. I felt my cheeks go hot. "Uh. N-nothing, I mean we're just friends. But he's kinda ignoring me." of course I had to stutter. Mason smirked, "Sure." He's such an ass but it's good to have him back.

Aunt Sheila requested us all to meet in the picture room. All the halfies were here which included: Nathaniel, Cara, Aaron, Mitchell, and me. Then we had the full wizards: Savannah, Mason, Ezra, and Daralyn. Craig wasn't here because he had a meeting in San Francisco. "Okay Halfies, do you all remember the spell?" Aunt Sheila spoke up. "Yeah, you've been on our ass about it." Nathaniel said laughing a bit. Aaron gasped, "Watch your language! There's kids here." He said pointing to Ezra whiling laughing. "Hey now fuck you guys. I'm not a kid." Ezra said. "Watch your language Ezra Walter Blessington!" Aunt Sheila said slapping his head. "Ow!" He said pouting a bit. "Well Savannah and Daralyn and I will be there with you. We'll cast our spell that defeated Kylie and you all will do yours. That's the plan, let's hope it will work." She let out a breath after she said it. "W-what if it doesn't work?" I asked, my stomach becoming uneasy. Before anyone could answer my question Carter and Logan showed up. I saw Mason roll his eyes when Logan went and whispered something in Savannah's ear. I felt eyes on me. I was hoping it was Aaron but it was Ezra instead. I sighed. "It's gonna be fine." He said. I was used to Aaron telling me that, it sounded weird coming from someone else. "Kate, Nathaniel! We're going back into the wizard so, you two will be ready tomorrow." Aunt Sheila said snapping me out if my daze. "I want Logan and Aaron to come with. As for the rest of you, Savannah watch them go over anything they don't understand an-" "We get it Aunt Sheila." Mason said cutting her off. She just nodded her head. Me and Logan were talking in my conscious. "So you like him? No! But I felt myself smiling. It's ok. I think he likes you too. Then why is he ignoring me and making things awkward? Maybe it's what Henry Hale told him. What did Henry tell him? I don't really remember that well considering I was fading in and out. But something along the lines of "break the tie" and "you two will never be together." What's that even mean? I'll ask him. What No?! That's too obvious. I'll be casual unlike you." I rolled my eyes.

We were back in the office when Barry bit me. The ginger I remembered his name to be Cayley? Or was it something else. "Hi, my name is Corley, welcome to the wizard world healing center. How may I help- Oh it's you guys again. Follow me." Corley. I was close. I caught up with him. "You still work here? I thought you were an intern or something?" I told him. He smiled at me, "Oh how I wish I was an intern. They have it easy. I'm the one who practically runs this place." "I find it a bit weird that a vampire works at a healing place. You know, with the blood and all." My voice cracked at the end. I'm still hoarse hopefully, they can help with that. He laughed. "Vampires don't like wizard blood. Normal blood is what we crave. That's the way it's always been." I nodded and he lead us into a medium sized room. The bed was big enough for both Nathaniel and I to sit on. "We can't fix her bruise, they'll have to heal on their own. But her voice we can heal. As for the boy he'll be attended in another room and will take a little longer." Corley stated in a formal voice, very different than when we just talked. As Nathaniel went into another room, Aunt Sheila went as well. I was left with Corley, Aaron, and Logan. Corley was in the corner shaking things and I could feel the awkwardness slowly rise up. Aaron was avoiding my eyes and Logan cleared his throat. "So, what do you guys think about Cara and Carter? Pretty cute huh?" "What about Savannah, when you going to ask her out?" Aaron said back looking proud. Logan's cheeks flushed and looked down. I was laughing but Corley told me not too and he continued to shake the cup. I bit my lip and Aaron finally looked at me, hiding a smirk. He was about to say something then Corley cut him off. "I need you to drink this. You can't eat for 6 hours afterwards." I nodded and grabbed the cup. It's amazing how both of you guys are so into each other but you don't act on it. I mean at least me and Savannah know we like each other. And we act on it. You guys is like a whole other story. I tried to ignore him to drink this. But it smelled like shit. I did not want to drink this. It was like a greenish orange color. If that was even possible. "Just hold your nose. It doesn't really have a taste, just a smell. Here's some gum for afterwards." Corley said.

When we left, me and Nathaniel were talking about how the stars are different in the wizard world. When we got back to the house Logan told me to just talk to Aaron and I'm pretty sure he told Aaron the same thing. "Tomorrow's a big day, I want everyone to get some sleep. That means go to sleep now." Aunt Sheila said. "Hey can we talk?" Aaron asked me casually. I nodded. We walked on the balcony. I saw Mason wink at me before I walked out side. I rolled my eyes. We were quiet for a good five minutes. It wasn't awkward, it was comforting. "We're gonna defeat him. You know that right?" I looked over at him. The city's lights were reflecting on his eyes. I realized I was staring and quickly turned my head. "Not everything is a fairytale and has a happy ending Aaron." He walked closer. I could feel my cheeks get hot and my heart pounding in my chest. "You're always so pessimistic. It really pisses me off sometimes." I rolled my eyes. "You act like I care if I piss you off or not." This time he rolled his eyes. "You know what I think. I think you're into me, Kate." My jaw dropped and I looked at him. He was looking down at the city and smiling all big and proud. "Wha-I mean- Psh- wha." I couldn't talk. This was worst then when I was with Bobby. "We should go in. A-and." His hands were now on my hips. His fingers felt like sparks. Maybe sunshine. Did I just compare his hands to sunshine? What has my life come too? "And what?" He asked. How the hell is he so confident right now? Last time I checked he could barely talk to a girl. "And we should go to sleep. I mean it's seems like the right thing to do." I regained my voice. "Since when do you ever go to sleep on time?" He laughed slowly getting closer. I'm pretty sure he knew the effect he had on me. Maybe that's why he was so confident. But I wanted to prove that I wasn't just some girl who is weak around guys. So, I did the only solution I could think of at the moment. I leaned in and kissed him. It was a simple quick peck. Then I turned to leave but, he brought me back into another kiss. I felt him smile into it. So, there we were on the balcony, making out, the day before we might just all die. But it didn't matter my mind was numb and clouded with Aaron. It gave me just a little hope, that maybe we can just defeat the most powerful wizard there is.