Chapter 3 | The Accident

~~~~~~~~Lizzie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
"Joel. Are you sure she was just an 'old friend' of yours? She didn't seem like it.." I look down a little bit upset. "Er- n-no... *sigh* Sh-she was my... M-my-" Joel starts breaking into tears. I get a Kleenex from the coffee table and wipe his tears. "G-go on..?" I whisper tearing up because, when I see people cry, I cry. "M-m-my-my ex..." Joel says looking into my eyes. "W-why didn't you tell me?!" I say getting up, and then I fell onto the floor and I start to cry with my head to my legs. "I-I'm sorry, Lizzie... I-I have to go.." Joel heads out the door, leaving me there crying. Annie hears me crying and comes out into the living space.

~~~~~~~~Annie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I hear someone crying and I rush out into the living space. Lizzie is on the floor sobbing and Joel isn't there. "Lizzie! Are you okay??" I fall onto my knees and comfort Lizzie. "N-NO! L-leave me alone! I don't want to be near Anyone right now!! GO!" Lizzie yells looking at me. I rush back into my room and lay on my bed. "Lizzie, it'll be okay." I whisper, quietly.

~~~~~~~~Joel's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I couldn't take it anymore. I HAD to leave. I felt sorry for not telling her. I left her there balling her eyes out. I hope Annie helped her.. I should try to text her..
//pulls out phone// (L-Lizzie, J-Joel)
J- Lizzie? U there?
-five minutes later-
L-Joel, I don't think I can forgive you. Sorry. We're done.
J-Lizzie, please. I'm so, SO, sorry for not telling u.
L-I just can't. Bye.
-turns off phone-

~~~~~~~~Lizzie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
Argh. I seriously don't think I want to talk to Joel right now. I walk into my bedroom and as soon as I reach the desk, I tripped on a book and I fell and hit my head on the desk. I fall and I go unconscious.

~~~~~~~~Annie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I was in my room on my phone when I heard footsteps then a bang. I quickly got up and checked the living space. No one. I walk to the bathroom. No one. I look to the left and see Lizzie on the floor, her head bleeding. "LIZZIE!" I yell as I dash into her room and kneel beside her. "LIZZIE! SAY SOMETHING!" I quickly grab my phone and dial 9-1-1.
//phone call// (P-Police, A-Annie)
A- H-HELLO?!
P- yes, miss?
A- I-I NEED HELP M-MY *breaks into tears*
P- miss, calm down, proceed?
A- MY FRIEND FELL AND HER HEAD I-IS...
P- miss, where are you? We need your address.
A- w-we're at our university dorm, room 416, 104 minal lane. ple-please hurry.
P- what are your names, miss?
A- I'm A-Annie and my f-friend is Elizabeth, or Lizzie..
P- okay, we've sent someone on their way. The EMS will be there soon. Inform your university professor. It'll be fine. I'll stay on the phone, just in case.
A- O-okay just please hurry. I'll go tell the professor now while you're on the phone. *runs to office* //pants// p-professor?! there will be an EMS com-coming soon. Elizabeth tripped and hit her head on her desk. The police are on the ph-phone right now.
P- good, miss, how are you?
A- I'm fine. Please hurry. Here's the professor, h-he wants to talk.
//professor comes on phone//
Prof- h-hello?
P- hi. We have been informed by miss Annie that Elizabeth has fell and her head is bleeding. I would like you to go with her and check on Elizabeth.
Prof- okay. Heading to the dorm room now. //runs to dorm//
*hears Annie talking to Prof*
A- Sh-she fell on this book and she hit her head. //cries// th-there's a lot of blood!! //goes on phone//
P- the EMS is right around the corner. It'll be fine.
A- o-okay. the blood is spreading!! THERES A LOT OF BLOOD HURRY!!
P- don't worry. The EMS is just outside. They're coming up. What floor, miss?
A- F-floor 2. Please hurry.
P- the EMS crew is just on the elevator. They'll be there in a second. Just hold on.
A- THEYRE HERE THEYRE HERE!!
P- okay. I'm going to hang up now, the EMS is going to take Elizabeth, and you can come if you want, miss.
A- okay! Thanks so m-much.
//hangs up//