Chapter 14 | The Problem

~~~~Maddie's POV~~~~
I look over at Lizzie and I see tears on her face. "Oh, Lizzie. Don't cry." I wipe her a tear off her face. "I'm sorry..can we leave..?" Lizzie asks. I nod and start driving.

//time skip//

We pull up to the university and I walk Lizzie up to her room. Lizzie plops onto her bed and starts crying. I sit down and comfort her for a few minutes. Then I kiss her forehead and she closes her eyes. I walk out and let her sleep.
I look in the other room to see Annie sitting at her desk scrolling through Instagram. I knock on the wall and walk in. "Hey Maddie," Annie starts, "what are you up to?" Annie stands and walks over to her bed and gestures for me to sit. "Um, so Annie...we need to talk about Lizzie..." I look down to my knees, and I look back up at Annie. "What is it?"Annie looks at me, worried. "I-I think...Lizzie may be..." tears start falling down my face. "...pr-pregnant..." I put my face into my hands and I cry. Annie comforts me, laying her hand on my back. "Don't cry. It'll be fine. Let's just wait to see what the doctors say. Everything will be okay, I promise." I look up at her. "Thanks, Annie..." I stand up and Annie does the same. She hugs me for a minute, and I walk out of her room and I head to the front door. Annie follows. We say goodbye and I walk out of the dorm.

~~~~Lizzie's POV~~~~
I hear Annie and Maddie talking in the room across the hall. It was very fair but I could make out a few words. "They're talking about me?" I heard my name, and whispered to myself. Maddie starts crying. I lay there in my bed for a few minutes and then there were footsteps. I pretended to be asleep, as I kept one eye open to see what was going on. Maddie and Annie walk out of the room and then I couldn't hear the conversation. After I heard the door close, a minute or two later drift off into a light sleep. I faintly hear "oh, Lizzie..." and I felt something touch my cheek.

//time skip//

I wake up to the sound of Annie talking. I wondered if anyone else was here. I walk out into the kitchen and I see Maddie at the table talking to Annie while she made breakfast. I walk over. "Good morning!" They both say. I sit at the table and I smelled the sweet smell of chocolate chip pancakes. "Pancakes?! Yum!" I say. Maddie giggles. After a few minutes the pancakes are finally done. We all start digging in. "So, Lizzie, how are you?" Annie asks. "Um, good? I guess?" I reply, hesitantly. "Lizzie. You can tell us how yo-" Maddie starts. "I'm fine, okay?" I interrupt. I pick out two medium sized choco-chip pancakes and I put them onto a plate. I then butter them and put a small amount of syrup on them. I start eating. Maddie and Annie sit there staring at each other, then at me for a minute or two. I look up for a split second and they immediately turn their heads away. I go back to eating and they do too. When I was done eating, I rinsed and put my dish into the dishwasher. Then I walked into my room, layed in my bed and played Beautiful from The Heathers Musical. I ended up drowsing off but I was woken to the sound of my ringtone going off loudly in my earbuds. I was startled by the noise. I looked at the number; it was the hospital.