Chapter 12 | Going home

~~~~~~~~Lizzie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I open my eyes slowly. I look around. I try to get up and I get a bad pain in my waist. I see a doctor standing in the other side of the room. "D-doctor?" They walk up to me. "Yes?" I look down. "Wha-what happened?" The doctor explains what happened, and says I had to have surgery and that's why I'm here. "Wa-wait, where is everyone? Whe-where's Joel?!" I keep trying to get up. The doctor pushes me down and says "you can't get up right now. You just had surgery. Your friends all went home." I start calming down. "So-so they're okay?!" "Yes. Miss, I have to go help someone else, so I need you to stay here and relax." The doctor walks out.

**time skip**

I get out of the bed and start sneaking out of the room. I look to my left and almost get caught by a doctor. I hide inside the room. The doctor passes me and I run out of the room down the hall. Now I'm in for it. I get caught by the doctor who was taking care of me. "Lizzie?! Why are you out of your bed?! Get back in there right now!" She sounded mad. "I really need to get home!!" "I don't care. You need to stay here until we get everything sorted out. I didn't tell you but, we found some abnormalities in an ultrasound before your surgery." "Abnormalities?? Like what..?" I get a confused look on my face. "That's the problem..we-we don't know. That's why you have to stay." "Well can't you just call me or something to come back and we can talk about it?? I really really need to get home.." I beg. "I guess..but you have to be very careful. You still did have surgery." I thank her and I walk out of the building. I take out my phone to call Joel. It rings and rings but he doesn't pick up. "Ugh, Joel why don't you pick up the phone when I need it?!" I whisper to myself. I try dialling Sasha's number. No answer. I try Maddies. It rings and she picks up.

(L-Lizzie M-Maddie)

L-Maddie?! Gah, finally someone picked up!
M- Lizzie? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?
L- I sorta need a ride..the doctor let me out of the hospital for a bit.
M- really?! That's awesome, Lizzie. I'll be there soon.
L- thanks Maddie.
M- wait before you hang up, what did you mean by "out of the hospital, for a BIT"?
L- oh...they told me they found some abnormalities in an ultrasound before the surgery. They're gonna call me when I have to come back to talk about it.
M- oh ok. I'll be right there. See you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for such a short chapter 😅 it's 12:31am and I'm finishing this chapter I started on months ago 😂 anyways I'm glad you guys are enjoying this book and THANK YOU FOR OVER 1K VIEWS MY DUDES!!! You guys are actually so amazing. Love you guys ❤️ xo

-Dani