Chapter 4 | Joels Gift

(WARNING: a swear or 2 ahead)
~~~~~~~~Lizzie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I woke up in the hospital. A girl was beside me in the chair. She was fast asleep. I moved and something knocked over. "Whoops." I whispered. The girl woke up and said "l-lizzie? LIZZIE! YOU'RE AWAKE!" She got up and hugged me tight. "Wh-why am I here..?" The girl sat back down and opened her mouth, when the doctor came in. "Miss. Annie? I'd like to speak to you outside if that's fine." Annie walked out with the Doctor and chatted.

~~~~~~~~Annie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
"Miss. Annie? I'd like to speak to you outside if that's fine." The doctor takes me out of the room and starts talking. "Miss. Lizzie is very weak in her head right now. She has a concussion and a scar on her head. We had to give her stitches. I'm sorry about wha-" the doctor was intrupted by my voice. "WHAT!? SHE HAS A CONCUSSION?! D-does she know who I am still!!? Hopefully she doesn't remember Jo-" Joel comes running down the hallway with flowers. "IM HERE! IM HERE!" He runs in to see Lizzie. I look through the window and see Joel TRY to give Lizzie the flowers. "GET AWAY FROM ME, STRANGER!" Lizzie gets up and throws the flowers at him. "I-I don't know if she remembers him or you anymore. You'll have to see with her. Sorry." The doctor walks back to her desk. "Oh, no..." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~Joel's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
I walk up to Lizzie and give her flowers. She yells at me and calls me a stranger then she throws the flowers at me. I sit in the chair at the other end of the room and I start tearing up. Annie then walks in. "Lizzie? D-do you rem-remember me..?" Annie walks over to her and tears up. All of a sudden, I start crying into my hands. Annie turns and looks at me. "Joel, why are you even here? How did you even figure out this happened!? It's your fucking fault this happened!!!" I look up and I'm balling my eyes out. "I know! Okay?! I got a text from an unknown person! I wanted to know if she was okay!" I walk into the hall and I start sobbing into my hands.

~~~~~~~~Lizzie's P.O.V~~~~~~~~
So, this random man came up to me and gave me flowers and this girl asked me if I remember her.. I don't even know why I'm here! "H-hey?" The girl turns and looks at me. She walks over. "M-me?" She looks confused. "Yeah.. You.. Uh, why am I here exactly? I just remember waking up and I was here..." I sit up in my bed. "Um.. Well.. You fell back at our dorm, and you-" the girl chokes back the tears "-you hit your head on your desk..." She starts crying in the middle of the sentence. "Awe, don't be upset.. I-I'm fine now, I swear.." I retort as she keeps crying. "Who even is that girl?" I whisper to myself. "Pardon me?" She looks up at me. "Oh- um.. Nothing?" I lay back down in my bed.