Chapter 11 | The Story

Joel's P.O.V
I see Ashley sit down across the room from us. The lady at the front calls us up. "So, I need to know the story behind this problem. Miss. Ashley said that her pushing Lizzie was an accident. Is this true?" "No!" Everyone says at the same time. Sasha starts speaking. "So, it all started with Lizzie and I picking up Joel. Ashley comes and parks beside us, we talk. Joel is sitting on the sidewalk in front of the car when Ashley goes to him and helps him up saying things as if she was his girlfriend. Lizzie says that she can have him and enters her car. She looks in a cup holder for something. She takes out a sharp tool. Ashley hugs Joel. I try to talk Lizzie into not hurting herself, then she gets out of the car and walks onto the street and holds the tool in front of her chest. I call her sister Maddie and tell her what's wrong. Joel says that he loves Lizzie, not Ashley and that it was a mistake dating her. Ashley gets mad and she runs to Lizzie on the road. Joel runs after them, Ashley pushes Lizzie into the middle of the road, the tool still in her hand. Lizzie was laying there and she had stabbed herself in the waist. Joel picks her up, and Maddie arrives. I run and give Maddie a hug and say that she's too late. Joel walks to the sidewalk and outs Lizzie down as Maddie runs to her. I run over. Maddie picks her up and brings her here. She gets tooken into surgery and we sit and wait. Ashley comes and stares us down. That's basically the entire story of what happened. It's the true one. We swear." Sasha finally stops talking as Maddie starts tearing. She hugs me. I hug her back and say "it'll be okay, Maddie." She starts sobbing quietly in my arms. "You'll take care of her right..? When she's out of surgery?" Maddie looks up at me. "Of course. I always will. I love her." She stops hugging me. "So, do you believe us?" Sasha begins to say. "I forgot, we have security cameras lined up outside on different angles. We could check those." "Yes, please! Then you'll believe us." She gestures us to go behind her in the desk so we can watch. She goes on her computer and pulls up the tapes. "Here we go." It plays. "I can't watch..." I cover my eyes.
//after the tapes//
"Now we know what really happened. You may take a seat."

Sasha's P.O.V
We sit down. We see the lady gesturing for Ashley to go up. They talk. "Miss, you lied to me. I'm going to have to call police on you." "No, please! I can explain!" "The explaining is done. You lied, and you almost killed a girl. I'm calling the police. No one wants to be around you." She dials the number and talks. A few minutes later, police arrive. "Ashley, you are under arrest." Ashley is handcuffed and taken out of the building. "YOU WILL PAY!" She yells at us before she is taken out. I get up and I politely ask the police for a moment with Ashley. I walk over to her in the car. "It's your goddamn fault you're being arrested. Have a nice time... in jail." I walk away.