Chapter 9 | The Damage

Joel's P.O.V
I open my eyes. I'm back in the first room. All these different machines are hooked up to me.i take off all the machines and I try to get up. I fall down in pain. "ARGH!" I get up again and find my other clothes. I quickly change and open the door. I walk to the front and out the door. I call Lizzie.
//phone call//
*ring ring ring ring*
L- Ello? Jo-Joel?
J- Li-Lizzie...
L- JOEL! ITS YOU! Did the doctors let you out!?
J- no, I got out my-myself.
*starts tearing*
J- I miss you. Please come get me before they find me...
L- let me get Sasha and I'll come... It'll be fine... Love you.
J- lo-love you too... See you soon... *hangs up*
//time skip//
I see Sasha and Lizzie pull up. Lizzie opens the door and runs to me. We hug tightly. She starts crying.

Lizzie's P.O.V
I get out of my car and Joel's there. I run to him and hug him. I squeeze him and start crying. "I mi-missed you so much... Don't ever do tha-" I pause. I back away from him. "Jo-Joel..? Are you okay..? You look really pale... Sasha is that nor-normal..?" We look at him. "I don't think so... I'm sorry, Lizzie..." I look at Sasha then back at Joel. I kneel down and cry. I hear an engine and I turn around. The car I see parks right beside mine. It stops running and someone walks out. I look at Joel. He's still standing there, pale, and sick.

Sasha's P.O.V
Lizzie and I turn around to see a car parking next to hers. Someone walks out. I can't exactly make it out but it's a girl I think. "Wh-who are you?" Lizzie says shaking and crying. She looks down again. "Its me. That's right. I'm still here. I won't be going anywhere." I look down at Lizzie. She looks terrified and angry. She cries. I walk up to her. "Hi. I'm Lizzie's best friend. If you don't fucking leave right now, oh, you'll be sorry. I'm not letting you do this to Lizzie. She's already hurt enough. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. And you're the fucking reason." I shake her hand. "Nice to meet you, 'Sasha', was it? Im Ashley. What was I going to say? Oh, you better take those fucking words back or I'm gonna have to hurt you." Joel walks to Lizzie. "I'll be fine. It's okay. I love you." I hear those words faintly. He sits next to Lizzie and puts his arm around her back. They sit together for a few minutes. Ashley goes up to Joel. "Hey, honey. You need help getting up? You don't look too well." She takes his hand and helps him up. "He's not your 'honey', Ashley. You know that, right?" Sasha says. "I know. Not for long though." she giggles. "You can ha-have him... I honestly don't fucking ca-care... You're not going to leave me alone if I don't do th-this..." Lizzie gets up and hugs Joel. "Goodbye..."

Lizzie's P.O.V
I get back in my car. Sasha watches me as I reach into a cup-holder in the car. I take out a sharp silver tool. Sasha starts coming closer to the car. "Lizzie?! What are you do-doing? Please, put it down..." She keeps walking. Ashley hugs Joel right in front of my car. I look down as Joel pushes away. "Stop it! What are you doing! All of this is rubbish!" I hear Joel say. I look at him. I whisper "Goodbye Joel. Sasha. Annie. Maddie, mom, dad." I look around. I take the tool and I hold it in front of my chest. "Lizzie! Don't do it! I'm here! It's me, I swear, I don't like Ashley! I wouldn't ever date her again! I love YOU! I always will and have." Joel screams as he pushes Ashley down and runs to me. I get out of my car and I walk over to the middle of the road. "It's too late." I start sobbing as I hold the tool in front of my chest in the middle of the road. "It won't be okay. It won't be okay." I keep repeating, quietly. Joel and Sasha run over to me. "Put it down and get off the road, Lizzie. Please." They both keep saying. Sasha gets out her phone.