Chapter 8 | The Surgery

(Warning; there are swears through the rest of this book)
Joel's P.O.V
All I can hear is footsteps. I open my eyes for just a second and I see doctors everywhere around me. "...h-hel-" my eyes close again. I hear faint talking. I feel the bed I'm laying on move. I hear running. I wake up. "...wh-what's happening..." I lose my voice. I open my mouth to talk, nothing comes out. I hear a doctors voice but I can't quite make it out. "...wha-what are you doing t-to me..." The bed comes to a stop. We're in a different room now with a bunch of tools around me. A bright light suddenly turns on and starts shining directly at me. I squint. I try to get up but I'm tied down. "Sir, you need to calm down. We're going to give you sleeping gas now. It'll be okay." I hear. I close my eyes.

Lizzie's P.O.V
I'm sitting in the waiting room thinking about what could happen if this surgery goes wrong. He could die, he could be seriously damaged, and more. I'm terrified. I hear Annie walk through the hospital door. I turn around, get up and I run over to Annie and hug her. I start crying in her arms. "It's okay, Lizzie. It's all going to be fine." Annie takes me back to where Sasha is. Sasha hugs Annie. "Hey." Sasha says. We all sit and wait. I lay on Sasha's legs. My eyes start closing, I fall asleep.
//after the surgery//
I wake up to a loud noise. "Morning sleepy." Sasha says. Annie wasn't in her seat. "How lo-long was I asleep?" I look around. "A good 3-4 hours maybe. You were asleep for a while. It's 3:06am right now." I get up and go to the front desk. "How may I help you, miss?" The lady says looking at me. "Is surgery for the pa-patient in Room 283 d-done yet?" I look at my feet then back up again at the lady. "I'll check." She goes on her computer. "The surgery IS done, and the patient is in stable condition." I rub my eyes. "Thank god... Am I able to see hi-him?" A tear falls down my face. "Im sorry, miss, but you are not able to see him at this time. I think you should go home and get some rest." I look at Sasha and she looks tired. "O-okay... I will stop by at some point today to check in... Tha-thanks..." I walk over to Sasha. "Let's head to my dorm... I don't want to be alone... I don't think Annie will be there today..." We walk out and head into our cars. "Just follow me back to the university." We head to the dorm.