《Chapter 2》

"At last!" I was startled by how I shouted because who would shout right after finishing an examination. Our teacher looked at me and I mouthed, "Sorry,Sir."

He let it off. I was so happy that it made me shout those words. This school year will be over,soon. And that also means,it's almost been a year since we broke up.

I keep remembering him because of Jessica. I don't want to hear about that stupid jerk again. The last thing I heard about him was that he's courting someone.

The class was over earlier than I expected so I went straight home. I saw my childhood bestfriend there,sitting on our couch.

As soon as I saw him,I hugged him as tight as possible. I didn't saw him for years and I was thankful that he showed up.

"Why are you here? When did you came back from Canada? Why did you left us? What are you doing here? Are you staying for good? Will you---" He cut me off, pressing his index finger on my lips.

"One at a time,Kris. One at a time." Bernard said. I calmed myself down.

"Okay,okay. So what now?"

"I came back here for good. I've been here since last week but I just got a chance to visit you today,hoping that you still lives on the same house."

"Then the thing is,why did you left us? I remembered that you didn't came to my 7th birthday and they said that you had your flight to Canada. You didn't even told me. What was that?"

"I'm sorry,okay? I didn't have the time to come to your birthday because we were too busy and my parents said that I shouldn't leave the house 3 days before our flight." He explained. "I needed to study abroad."

"So you just finished High School,right?"

"Yeah. Then straight to College." He drank the water our maid gave him awhile ago. "My mom said I'll be studying at Danford University. The one near here."

"Oh,really?" I exclaimed to my excitement. "That's where I'm studying right now! But I'm in Senior High so...." I lowered my head.

"That's alright,Krystal." He patted me. "By the way,I'll start next school year so basically,I'm on a vacation."

"Wow. You're lucky."

"Not that much." He said, "By the way,what happened to you for the past few years? We lost in touch so I really don't know about you anymore. I'm glad that you even recognized me by the time you entered the house."

"So..." I started. He leaned back on the couch. "I had a few friends. But none of them was permanent. Just two of them are. Those are the ones I am with these days. They helped me through a lot of problems including the..." I stopped. My heart suddenly ache. Bernard noticed that.

"What was it? Hey,Kris. You alright?" He sat straight up and came up to me. I closed my eyes for a second and did not bother,thinking that I shoud not be hurting while remembering that because I've already moved on with him.

"Okay,sorry for the inconvenience." He laughed because of the joke. "I'm alright."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I assured him. "Including the time that someone special broke my heart."

"What?!?" He shouted unintentionally. "Someone did what?!"

"Yeah. Broke my heart."

"Oh no. No one should broke your heart. You don't deserve it!"

"You don't know what I did,though. I might be a really bad person."

"You're not,right?" He suddenly looked scared. "I know you're not so,continue!"

"Well..." I started off again. "We were together for 2 years,since I was in 3rd year but then he broke up with me..."

<flashback>
Right after the graduation,Joaquin congratulated me. And of course,I did the same. At last! We graduated from High School together. He kissed me on my cheeks.

"Are you that happy,baby?" He asked me,smiling,while combing my hair with his hands.

I looked up at him and said, "Of course I am!" I rested my head on his chest. He reached for my forehead and kissed it.

We had a dinner with my family then the next day,we had a lunch with his family.

Our relationship is legal so I doubt that we will break up ever. Whenever we had a problem,he'll make a way to fix it and I'll do the same. But 1 week after graduation, he's been cold to me.

He stopped looking at me in the eyes,he stopped greeting me with a hug,he stopped saying sweet words and he stopped chatting nor texting me.

The day came,he called for me. "Babe,see me at the park. I have something to say." Then he hung up. I didn't get a chance to ask or say anything.

I hurried up and as soon as I reached the park, I saw his back. I did a backhug and smiled up to him. "I missed you,babe." But he removed my arms that was wrapped around him. I was shocked by his action.

"You know,Krystal. I'm so sick of this." He looked at me. "I'm sick of our relationship and I don't love you anymore."

"Hey,what are you saying?" I tried to laugh. "That's a joke,right? Today's April Fools' Day,after all."

"I'm not joking around!" He shouted. I was surprised that it made me jump. "Let's break up,sorry." Then he left me.

He left me standing there. I tried to run after him but he's too fast than I thought he could be. When he turned his back to me,I tried to grab his arms but he resisted. I sat on the floor and cried. I don't care if I was wearing a short skirt. It hurts so bad.

I kept on banging my fist to my chest to ease the hurt but it didn't work.

<end of flashback>

"Wah. He did that?" Bernard asked as if he didn't heard what I told him. "I'm going to beat him up as soon as I saw him."

"Duh. You don't even know how he looked like." I rolled my eyes. "I'm okay now. It's just that sometimes,it still hurts."

"So how did you spent your summer?"

"Laying on my bed,crying,I think?"

"That's terrible."

"I know." I said,glancing at him then looked back at the ground and grinned. "But I'm fine with it now. I'm totally cool with it and stopped being a bitter ex-girlfriend."