《Chapter 15》

"What the heck,Krystal?" Jessica reacted. "I thought you've already forgotten how painful it was? I thought you're already going to treat him like a used car? Why did you say you were looking for him and then after that, show him how hurt you were?"

"I know right." I replied to her. We're video chatting. Jessica's on a vacation with her relatives. Her mom died when she's still a kid so she's living with her dad. "I'm so stupid! After saying those,I just want to avoid him forever. When I knew that he's the new neighbor,I didn't think of avoiding him. It just like 'okay,my ex-boyfriend is my neighbor. Treat him like he is'. But then now that I said those,I just want to disappear." She was continuously nodding.

"Avoid him if you want but girl,do you still like Joaquin? Be honest with me. I'm your co-btch after all."

"I don't know." I said,looking down. "It feels like I like him but I hate him."

"Oh,yeah. I totally get you!" She sarcastically said.

"Jess! Let's take a picture here!" I heard her aunt called for her.

"Go,girl. Bye! I'll catch up with you soon."
"Bye!" Then she hung up.

I woke up earlier again but I didn't rest. Instead,I took the chance to call Jessica. I still got 30 minutes before work.

Since I want to eat,I changed my clothes to a summer outfit. Just a cute pastel colored shorts, yellow floral shirt and a pair of sandal. I didn't go for a crop top because I'll directly go to work after that.

I walked to Mom's Merienda since I can't ride my bike wearing a short shorts. It's not that far,though.

"2 bacon and cheese hotdog sandwich please." I added, "And a cold iced tea."

After paying for it,I sat just near the door. I ate the first one and drank my cold drink in between of eating it. I plan to eat the other one at lunch time.

"Good thing you're early today." The owner said after I wore the apron. "My friends from Asia are coming and they heard from there that our store has the best ice creams. I'll help with you today,don't worry,honey."

The day went by and as I took the orders from them,many really liked caramel-vanilla. Mint chocolate chip is also our best seller so it was said by the customers again and again. Personally,my favorite is the Nutella ice cream with melted chocolate on top. The melt chocolate is Hershey's so it's really the best for me since I love sweets.

For the milkshake, they loved Hot Fudge and the Choco-Hazelnut.

Ms. Yasmin helped me clean up the dirt and clean the utensils. We also closed the store together. "You worked hard today,Krystal! Take care on your way back home." We parted ways but I remembered one thing.

I ran to her and asked, "I haven't seen our handsome regular customer for weeks. Where is he?"

"Handsome?" She was confused my by question. Then finally,she answered, "The one who always sits near you?" I nodded. "I sent him to the University where he's studying. That's a thousand miles aways from here. But why?"

"You know him?" I asked her,surprised.

"How could I not if he's my son?" She said, "I'll go already. I'm on a hurry."

That guy was pretending all this time. I can't believe it. I didn't bother about it and then went back home.

I placed my backpacks on the couch and then layed down on my bed.

The next morning,Mom said to me, "Are you that tired yesterday? You didn't ate dinner. As soon as you came back and went inside your bedroom,I haven't heard you."

"Yeah,it was tiring." I put a spoonful of rice in my mouth. I talked about how tired I was while I was eating.

"Hmm..." Mom said, "You were really busy that you didn't even ate the bacon and cheese hotdog sandwich in you bag."

I facepalmed myself. I totally forgot about it. For the whole week,I made myself busy that anyone would ever see me again.

Even Joaquin,his sister,Bernard, or even my mom and dad. I ate breakfast outside, stayed there until my working time started, worked until 6pm, I'll be sleeping as soon as I'm home, then I eat dinner when all of them are asleep, sleep again and then repeat.

I don't even know why i was acting like that. Jessica's already back from the family vacation. It's been 5 days already. Andre's busy with his gaming life so he stayed indoors.

I wonder what Joaquin was doing these days that I haven't talked to him. I also wonder why I just see his mom and sister but not his dad. I never saw him since they moved here. No one wants to interfere with someone's life,now do we?