《Chapter 24》

I haven't talked to Bernard these past few days until one Wednesday night,he came to Cool Summer. The thing is,Joaquin's also there. Joaquin was beside me while Bernard just came in.

"You know,I can't really last a month that you're mad at me." He said. "I'm sorry,Krystal. For hurting your boyfriend. Auntie already told me the truth and I feel so sorry for damaging his face."

I wrapped my arms around Joaquin's waist and told Bernard, "You should say sorry to him,not me."

"Oh,right." Bernard walked closer to Joaquin and rubbed palms while saying, "Krystal's a precious diamond for me. She's been my friend since we're kids and I just don't want her to be hurt. I treat her as my sister since my sister's still a kid and she can't understand my problems."

"Yeah,yeah. I get it,bro." Joaquin said, shaking hands with Bernard. "Krystal's not a diamond for me. Hence,she's a gold that shouldn't be stolen from me."

"Don't worry. I don't like her." Bernard reassured Joaquin. I know that. We just treat each other as brothers and sisters. I never ever felt that he like me. "Just don't hurt her again or else, you'll never see the sun again."

All of us laughed and then I told to them, "Come on. Let's walk home together."

"No,no." Bernard resisted. "I have some appointment with someone."

"Oh. Who's that,huh?" I teased him.

"I'll tell it to you at some day." He told me and then started walking to the door. "Bye,take care to the both of you."

"Let's go?" Joaquin asked me as soon as the door swung behind Bernard. He placed his arm on my shoulder as I nodded.

"Bye!" I waved to him as we reached home. He waved back and then he entered their house. I smiled at the scent of him on my clothes. I went inside and ate with my parents. Before sleeping,I thought of reading the last few chapters of the book that my dad bought me.

A few weeks went by,I already got my 2nd month salary. That also means that my work in Cool Summer is already done.

"Sorry,I have to leave you behind here,Ms. Yasmin." I told the owner as soon as I touched the envelope filled with money.

"Nah." She said,shaking both of her hands in the air. "Since I earned a lot of money for those 2 months that you've been here, I'm already getting a cashier and waiter for my own store."

"Really?" I asked her out of surprisement. She nodded while smiling at me. "That's great. Don't worry,Ms. Yasmin. Every time that I have my free time,I'll stay here. It's just a few walks away from Danford,though."

"Right,I'm also getting a wifi router attached here." She suggested, "You could come here if you want to research for something with an ice cream by your side."

"Wow. The store's improving. I'll anticipate it." As I heard the honk of our car,I bid my goodbye to Ms. Yasmin and went outside the store.

Joaquin's mom invited my family to a resort. There's a beach there so I was really excited.

Both my family and Joaquin's are inside the van. We're going together.

"We're going to stay there for a week." Ms. Helen,Joaquin's mother said.

"Yayy!!" Yanna exclaimed as she hugged her mom. I looked up to Joaquin that was currently wrapping his arms around my waist. He smiled at me so I smiled back.

This is the last week that we're going to be together for a long time. The next monday, we're going to be separated again.

Him,going to the university where he have been. Me,going to Danford University with Jessica and Andre. It's just for 1 year. After this 2nd year in Senior High, we'll go to college together. So sure that we'll enter the university everyday while holding hands and doing PDA everywhere.