《Chapter 7》

I already found one. Me and Jessica looked for it. They instructed me yesterday and they said I'm a good listener because I applied it quickly. I'm already starting today on an ice cream store as a cashier woman. Looking at the ice creams,I want to eat it because of the hotness. It will ease it but I can't so I'm just going to wait for a customer here and do my job quietly.

Cool Summer is the name of the store just because it sells tons of ice cream flavors,iced teas, iced coffee and everything that has to do with ice and coolness that will reduce the heat of the summer. It's open from 11am-6pm so that's how long my shift is. Before,the owner was the one who plays my role here but she said that she can't find one and the money she can pay for them is too small. But now that her business got bigger,she can totally pay for a cashier woman and that's totally me.

---------------☆☆☆---------------

"I'm off to work,bye!" I said to them as I rode my bike to Cool Summer. It's already my 3rd day today and I'm so happy with it. I'm getting money slowly.

The bell from the door of the store suddenly rang as I stood up from my chair,someone came in. A very handsome man and he's walking towards me. Uh.. No. Maybe the counter. "What do you want,sir?" Me? Do you want me?

"I'll get Mint Chocolate Chip." He pulled his wallet from his pocket cooly. "On a cone,please."

"Sure,sir." Then he looked at the price and payed for it. I prepared his ice cream while I keep glancing at him while he's sitting down on the chair near the counter.

As soon as I finished his order,I walked to his table and gave it to him. Walking back to where I came from,I keep staring at this handsome and godly guy while resting my chin on the counter.

I tried to talk to him while he's licking everything (not including me. I just meant,the ice cream). "Sir,is it your first time here?"

"Yes." He nodded repeatedly,looking satisfied with what he tasted. "This store is good. I'm going to come here everytime. I'll also share this with my good friends. I'll go now,Bye." He smiled with his even,white teeth and waved at me. Of course I don't have anything to do with that. I can't wave back and keep flirting with him just because he's handsome. And also,I'm working.

While I was closing the door of the store, the owner,Ms. Yasmin,talked behind me. "Krystal,we'll be closed tomorrow by 3pm,okay?" She patted my shoulder and said, "I have somewhere to go by 4pm so we can't sell until 6pm. Hope you understand."

"Yeah,sure." Then she left me. So,you're telling me I'm free after 3pm? Yessss!

This day have been hard for me because there's so many customers. I rode my bike again and went back home.

I saw Bernard outside our house,waiting. As soon as I got down my bike,he ran to me and held both of my arms. "What happened to you? Auntie just said that you're 40 minutes late than your regular time."

I pulled him to come inside and he did. "I was a bit tired to ride the bike so I had a rest after work and then I bought this while I'm on my way." I said,pulling a plastic of chips on my bag.

We sat down on the couch. "Do you know that they already moved in?"

"Who?" I got confused for a second because I was out of my mind. "You mean the family next door?" He nodded. I stood up and said, "Alright,I bet Mom made a sandwich already and I'm the one who'll give it for sure."

"I did it for you." He said,grabbing my arm and I sat back down. "I know you're tired so eat dinner and then sleep already,okay?" I nodded and then he ruffled my hair. "Ms. Victoria,I'll go ahead now." We heard my mom shouted 'Yes' so he stood up and said, "Bye,Kris. I'll be back here next week. I'm busy this weekend,sorry."