《Chapter 14》

"I had a lot of fun,Mom." We're already driving home from the camp with Bernard's family. It was a 2 days and 1 night vacay on a mountain peek. Ms. Yasmin let me have a day-off yesterday since it's summer. It'll be a worky day tomorrow.

"Who did not,Krystal?" Dad said,turning back his to me for awhile. "We all had fun."

"Just that marshmallow party is enough for me." I said with a giggle. "Plus the time when Bernard almost fell because of his clumsiness. Also,I loved the sound of the waterfalls and the view of it."

"I know right,honey." Mom excitedly said. "Despite its distance from our site,it was worth it."

We just talked about all the memories we had while travelling.

The next morning,I woke up earlier than I should because I want my body to be fit. I don't do exercises since Mom and Bernard said that my cute and baby face will not suit my soon-to-be-sexy-body. But since I felt like I'm gaining weight and I feel like I'm going to be a pig soon,I jogged around the neighborhood with my jogging pants on and sporty shirt.

After 20 minutes of jogging and walking around,I went back home. It's my first day of jogging so I took it easily. I'm getting my body into the condition. I took a bath and ate breakfast with Mom and Dad.

Since it's just 8am,I took a rest. I layed down on my bed.

"Hey,sleepyhead. You're almost late for your summer job." I'm sure that's Bernard that I'm hearing. My eyes opened and I rubbed it very hard. I looked at the wallclock that was hung on my freedom wall. It's 10:47 already.

"I was just resting awhile ago." I complained. "Why did it became a 2hour-long rest?"

"Stop complaining and get up already." He pulled me out of my blanket and then I stood up,heading straight to my closet.

"Go outside. I'll change my clothes." Right after the door closed,I opened my closet and took the first shirt I'll see. I squat a little to reach the middle part of my closet and looked for a skinny jeans.

After all,I wore a hoodie jacket,skinny jeans and sneakers in this sunny day. I hurriedly went out and quickly grabbed my bag that was placed on the couch. It's already filled with the important things I always needed.

I went out of the house but then I felt that Bernard followed me. "You're wearing that in this summer season?" He complained. I didn't mind that but instead,rode my bike and headed to my work.

It's already 10:57. My travelling time counts up to 10 minutes of pedaling the pedal of my black bike.

I'm totally late. I'll get scolded by this. What will you do if your only worker didn't came to work the last day and then late the next day? Just what the actual fck.

"Goodmorning Ms. Yasmin,sorry I'm late." I greeted the owner as soon as I stepped on the store grounds.

"You're lucky that no one bought a single ice cream or drinks or whatever." Then she smirked at me. Ms. Yasmin's really considerate at some times. One time,I dropped the milkshake glass then it broke. She said that I just need to clean it up then the issue's already solved. Kind,right? But I know that another mistake will cause my salary decrease and another one,Krystal will be fired from Cool Summer. Yay.

"Thanks for your consideration,I'll work hard everyday." So I really did.

At 6pm,when no one's really coming in,I started dimming the lights,cleaning the bowls,cups,glasses and spoons. The last thing I always do is to clean the tables.

I grabbed the towel and bleach spray that was placed underneath the counter. I started cleaning the tables one by one but then I heard the tiny bell rang.

"We're already--" I didn't finished my sentence since I saw that Joaquin was the one who swung the door open.

He hugged me. I don't what that means or what. Or what. Or whaaaaaat.

Joaquin caressed my hair while his head was resting on top of my head. I'm not small,everyone. This guy is just really tall.

That's one of his attractive points. I felt very secure whenever I was around him back then.

Now that he's hugging me,I feel like it was the same feeling that I felt before.

He's the one who pulled off from me. Looking straight into my eyes,with his hands cupping my face, Joaquin said to me, "Where were you last week? I can't even have a glance with you."

"I was working." I said to him,continuing what I was doing before he came. "I'm always working. If you want to see me,you should've went here." I slowed down and said, "I was looking for you,too."

It looked like it was a confession right there. What am I even doing? What am I even saying? What the hell?

For real,I was really looking for him. For the months that he was not beside me,I'm always looking for him.

He suddenly laughed. This time,the last table is being wiped. "We're neighbors but we're looking for each other. Funny,right?"

"Yeah,funny." I stood straight as soon as I finished cleaning the table. I walked to the counter after saying "Oh yeah,it's funny that you were not beside me when I was hurting. It's funny that I was looking for you whenever I'm alone. It's funny that you left me,right?"

He followed me to the counter and grabbed my right arm that was holding my backpack. "I'm sorry,okay?"

"Fine." I walked to the door,he followed me,again. There was me,closing the door. Then he's behind me,quiet. "I'll go home."