《Chapter 18》

After that night,Joaquin regularly comes to me after my summer job. He cleans with me and we flip the Open sign to Closed together. I walk home instead of riding my bike. We walk together while he pushed my bike along with us.

One time,it's a Friday Night after my work so Joaquin and I planned to go to the mall.

"It's my treat,you don't have to worry." He patted my head as we entered a taxi which will send us to the mall.

We started eating but since we're seated right next to the glass,where everyone will see us,I was distracted.

I had a glance of Andre and Jessica's figures so I started panicking. Joaquin looked at me confusingly but then I pointed them using my mouth and he finally got why I was acting this way.

He placed the Menu to cover our faces so that when the time that they'll walk passed by the restaurant,they will not see us. And that time came by quickly.

I glanced at them for a second but I think Jessica saw me. I started acting normal while Joaquin's face is still covered by the menu. They walked inside the restaurant and came to me.

"Are you having a date with the handsome guy you ate with the last time you ate here? But why is he covering his face?" Jessica asked without stopping.

I was startled when Joaquin removed the Menu and started talking angrily. "You're cheating on me? Who's the handsome guy? Is that the regular customer or the one who sends you lunch when you work?" He was also shocked by his questions.

Looking up to Jessica and Andre,they were really shocked. Literally. Mouth open,eyes widen,finger pointing to Joaquin,and a crossing-arms-over-the-chest action after that.

Andre almost beat him up but I explained. Joaquin let Andre sat down beside him then Jess beside me.

"So you're together again?" Jessica asked. "Starting over again with your ex,huh?"

"It's not that bad. Because if our relationship will restart I know that we'll get another chance to make things right for the second time." I said to her. "After all,we really love each other from the start. It's just that his dad really broke the happy relationship between us and his parents."

"Fine." Andre agreed. He narrowed his eyes to Joaquin and said, "Don't you dare to hurt her again or else you'll going to be a dead meat to me."

"Sure,bro." Joaquin said. "Don't hurt your girlfriend,too. She'll end up like how Krystal felt back then."

"Let's stop talking about this and go home already. I still have work tomorrow." I said to them,shutting their mouths.

"Well,who told you to work,young lady?" Jessica said. I raised and eyebrow at her showing that 'btch I'm a hardworking girl so I'm doing this'. "Okay,okay. You lovers,go home. Me and Andre just got here so we'll stay. Take care of your relationship this time,guys."

Then they headed outside.

"Joaquin,I'm planning to introduce you to Mom and Dad again." I looked up to him while we were walking home. His arms was wrapped around my shoulders.

"I wish they'll accept me just like how they did back then."

"I know they'll understand you."

Both of us entered the house bravely. Joaquin greeted Mom who was on the couch,then Dad who just came back from work and now eating.

"Why is this guy here? I thought you two already broke up?" Dad said,finishing his soup. He stood up and sat down beside Mom. We did the same,as well.

"We got back together." I said to them. "Me and Joaquin are in a relationship again."

"I thought this guy have caused you pain? Why are you together again?" Mom complained,pointing to Joaquin over and over again.

"Mr. and Mrs. Williams,please hear me out." Joaquin said after all the things he heard from my parents. I was holding his hands while he's explaining to them.

"I understand you,Joaquin." Mom added, "This time,explain everything to Krystal whatever it is,okay? I know she'll understand your situation no matter what. Don't ever hurt her again." Joaquin nodded while smiling to my mom.

"Take care of my beautiful princess,okay?" Dad said to him. "Always make her feel happy and I don't want to see her frown even a single minute."

"I'll make sure of that,sir." Joaquin shook hands with them and said, "Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Williams. I'll go home,now."

I sent him off and then he hugged me so tight. "I'll never let you go again,I promise you that,Krystal."

"You're so cheesy,Joaquin." I smiled to him. "Go inside and sleep. Thanks for this day."

"You,too. Sleep. Work,you know." He said,raising both of his arms. I smiled at him and then he went inside for real.