《Chapter 17》

"Yeah,really." He said with a sarcasm tone. "By the way, I've seen you being stupid for the 2nd time. Have you been acting stupidly since I was gone? I don't think you're better off without me,Krystal."

"Stop talking. Your voice irritates my ears." He did stop. We had a moment of silence for a few minutes and both of our eyes stared at the sunset which can be seen from where we are sitting. "Woah,it's amazing."

"It's like you." He looked at me,I turned my head to him and raised and eyebrow. "It's so beautiful but unreachable. Just like beautiful things but they're far away,you know. You get it?" I just nodded and smile at him.

"I'm beside you,though." I told him. He gave it a shrug and we zipped our mouth for a moment until the sun really settled down. Now,there's the moon.

I suddenly remembered about his dad so I took the chance and said, "Joaquin.." He removed his eyes from the sky and looked at me. He crossed his arms over his chest and turned his body to me. "I haven't seen your dad since you moved in. Where is he?" He didn't reply. I thought that this is a personal question so I should be not talking about this. "Oh,right. I'm just your neighbor and I'm not supposed to--"

He cut me off and started saying, "He left us." I'm surprised for a second then he continued, "The day that I told you we have to break up,I'm not really sick of our relationship. Dad told me that I should break up with you or else he'll leave our family." He sighed. After a second, he continued explaining. "So I did broke up with you. After a few weeks of crying and tempting to go to your house to say sorry,he still left us. He left the house with all of his things. And I was so frustated. I tried to go to you after he left us but I'm scared you'll not accept me again." He sounded really sad.

"See!" I threw my hands up in the air before I said, "It was that easy to explain to me! Why didn't you explained? If you only told me the reason why we're breaking up, my heart would not be that painful!"

I stood up,got ready to ride my bike again but he pulled me into a hug and said, "I'm sorry,Krystal. Please accept me in your life for the second time."

I gave it a thought for a minute. Why should I get mad if it's his father's orders? Why should I not accept him again if it's not his fault? Why should I feel bad even though I'm not the one who lost a Dad,after all?

"Fine,I'm sorry." I told him. "Sorry that your father left you because of me."

"It's not your fault,Krystal." He pulled from his hug and looked me in the eyes. "Mom and Dad always fight since then,remember? I think they just got full of theirselves and broke up." He added,
"It was my fault. I knew it wouldn't hurt you that much if I told the truth. It was my fault that I didn't fight for our relationship. After all,I still love you."

"Let's stop this drama and go home."

"No one's going home,Krystal. We have to eat first." He grabbed my hand and led me to the picnic blanket.

"We're eating here? In the park? Is it allowed?" I asked him.

"Yeah,it is." He pinched my cheek before saying "Stupid cutie little girl." He chuckled in his deep voice.

"Don't call me stupid,cute,little,and girl." I added, "I'm smart,pretty,and already a woman. Don't misunderstand it again."

"How about the 'little'? You're not going to rephrase it?" He teasingly asked me. I didn't answered his question because I know I'm small.

I fought for it and said, "I'm not small. You're just tall." He stopped arguing with me as soon as the delivery guy came. Joaquin took the pizza and placed it on our blanket after paying for it.

He opened it and I went for it already but he prevented me. "Nah-uh-oh." He put my right hand on the back of my left hand that was placed on my lap. "Pray first."

I laughed at his actions and then we did. After praying,I munched for about 4 slices of pepperoni pizza already. He knows that this is my favorite. Joaquin still remembers what I like and that goes for me,too.

His favorites became my favorites too and vice versa. We were really like the better halves of each other. It was like our heart was really meant for each other.

And now we're right here. Eating together while looking at the fireworks from the amusement park,laughing with our chessy and not-so-funny jokes,pinching each other's cheeks. And now,I'm accepting him again in my life.

I learned that he's reason for breaking up with me is never a reason to be mad at him. It was painful back then but now,it's just a dark memory of mine.

For sure we'll make new and bright memories starting from this night.

Who would knew I still love this guy after all the things he caused me? Who would knew that my feelings never changed for him? Who would knew that everything just happened for a reason?

-----------------

(A/N)

Hi to those readers! I really appreciate your views,seriously. And all of you encouraged me to write it everyday.

I would also love it if you shared this to your friends if this story seems interesting to you.

Sadly,the story will end soon. Sorry.

Despite that,love ya'll!