《Chapter 10》

"Really!?" Jessica shockingly yelled after I told them what happened this day and yesterday. I nodded while closing both of my eyes. "Wow."

"It was your break-up anniversary yesterday,right?" Andre asked and then I nodded the same way. "Really wow." He leaned on Jessica's shoulder while we were sitting down inside the store. Ms. Yasmin told me that I should close this myself and just take my time.

We took the taxi together while they can't still believe what happened. "Goodluck to your new neighbor,b*tch!" Jessica said as I touched the ground,coming out of the taxi. I know she said that for nothing. I left my bike at the store because I don't want to ride it tonight.

As I entered the house,Mom told me, "I heard Joaquin's family is the one who moved next door." She walked to me from my bedroom and kissed me. "Are you alright with that?"

"Of course,why not?" I placed my backpack on the ground and layed down on my bed. Too tired. Mom still followed me to my bedroom and I saw her leaning on the door frame. "What now?" She walked to my bed and sat down so I sat up.

"Do you still love him?" She suddenly asked me. The hell?

"Of course not." I rolled my eyes. "No hate,no love. I understand what happened. I understand his situation and that pain just hurt me for months. Fortunately,it already stopped at this point."

"Okay,good." Mom stood up and went outside,leaving my door open. She shouted, "Let's eat dinner together when your Dad comes back,okay?" Even though I know she'll not see that I agreed,I just nodded.

Looking outside the window,while sitting down on my study area feels different. It's been a week already since the last time I sat down here without seeing someone sitting at the other side.

Basically,starting now,my window and Joaquin's window faced each other. And there he was,sitting down on the opposite side of where I was sitting. It would be better if I have a solid curtain hung right here instead of a see-through one.

"Mom?" I yelled enough for her to hear while she was watching a movie before running to the door. I asked, "Do we have a solid curtain that will fit in the small width of my window?"

"Uh.." Looking for words,there she was,holding a popcorn with ine foot up while the other's tucked inside her legs. "Maybe,honey. Just look for it."

Walking back to where I came from,I said, "Nevermind. I'm too lazy to do that. Maybe tomorrow morning."

Tilting my head while looking for a book to read in my shelf became a habit of mine since I ... broke up with him.

The bookshelf that was beside my table is filled with different books that me and Joaquin bought together. Some of it was never read by me and I don't know why. Maybe because I'm too busy studying instead of reading novels and love stories that was picked by my ex-boyfriend,yeah.

I slid my fingertips,tilting my head,while looking for a good title,good book. I already chose Rainbow Rowell's 'Attachments' so I sat back down and started to read it.

Joaquin's shadow from his bedroom is distracting me. Hey,just so you know,using a curtain is a trend nowadays so maybe you mind to use it for yourself. Thanks.

He suddenly looked up from what he was doing and saw me staring at him. He was smiling at me suspiciously and then I looked away,focusing on what I was reading. Oh my gosh. That guy may think that I'm staring at him because I'm falling for him again but that's the total opposite. I hate him for showing up at this rate so I was glaring at him not lovingly staring,okay?

I closed the book after putting a bookmark in between of the pages.

The next morning,I woke up,hearing the noise that my mom made for hanging the new curtain for my window.

I sat down,rubbing my eyes. Mom noticed it and apologized to me saying, "Oh.. Sorry,honey." She finished it up and jumped down the chair she used to hang the curtain up. "I just thought it's better that it's already done when you wake up." She said,rubbing both of her hands and then left my room.

Sitting up,feeling where my house slippers had gone. I finally found it so I wore it and stood up,heading to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

As I was brushing my teeth,Mom shouted, "Krystal!" She made her voice loud again and said, "Do you mind if you throw the trash outside after that?"

"Oh yeah." I said after spatting the toothpaste bubble out of my mouth to the sink. I washed my mouth and the brush and did my mom's order.

With the black garbage bags in my hands,I went outside the house. As I was opening our big trash bin,I saw Joaquin came out of their shell. He yawned and stretched for a second and breathe the not-so-good morning air.

I continued what I was doing but he came up to me after I thrown the black bags.