《Chapter 20》

"Woah.." Joaquin exclaimed as he saw me came out of the door. "Why does my girlfriend look very pretty today?"

"Today only?" I pouted as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. As a sign of me being annoyed fakingly,I removed his hands and walked faster.

He did the same thing just like how he grabbed my hand awhile ago. Joaquin pulled me into a hug and rested his head on mine. Joaquin said, "Since the day I've met you,you're always pretty." I smiled by his compliment and remembered how we met.

"Right." I agreed,pulling off from his hug. "And since the day we've met,you're always cheesy to me."

<flashback>
It was a sunny Saturday. I wore a white plain shirt,jeans and sneakers along with a shoulder bag.

I was just walking through the streets of the city. I passed by Danford University, the restaurants infront of it, the clothings shops and the park.

Next week,I'll be a 2nd Year student. I'll be studying again and again so I grabbed a chance to hang out with myself before the school resumes.

While walking inside the clothings shop,I heard the thunders rumbled and had a glimpsed of the lightning.

I panickly went outside before rain poured down on me. There's no sheds that will cover me so raindrops started dropping on my head. I actually forgot to bring an umbrella since I loved sunny days and I never thought that it would rain today.

A few seconds later,I can't feel it anymore. I looked up and saw an umbrella above me. A guy was holding it for me. He let himself wet while letting me borrow his umbrella.

"You look pretty in that outfit." The guy suddenly spoke. "Would you mind if we walked together using one umbrella?"

"Oh,sure." I told him, "I'm sorry for bothering you. It's my fault that I didn't brought an umbrella."

"It's alright. I always give an extended hand to a pretty girl like you." He complimented me. Base on his looks,he's the same age as me.

"Stop it,you." I blushed by what he said.

"You're blushing!" He teased me while pointing to my cheeks. I covered it with ny hands and ran away from him. "Hey,stop!"

So I stopped and looked at him. He placed the umbrella above me,again.

The next week,I saw that guy in Danford University and he said to me that his name is Joaquin. We became close friends and a year after,a love story was written.

<end of flashback>

"Let's stop walking. My heels are hurting." I stopped then I removed my hands from his to fix my black pumps.

"Ey,why did you even wore that?" He said to me and gestured to the bench. I sat down and then he sat down beside me. "Yoy just wore sneaker back then. Why did you wore a 3-inch high heeled shoes?"

"I want to look different today since it's our first date." After fixing my shoes,I stood up. "C'mon."

So he stood up and followed me. "First date? We've dated before."

"But it wasn't exciting as this." I told him. We argued while we were walking to Cupcake House. I always loved this since I was a kid and we always come here whenever we have a free time.

I ordered a red velvet cupcake while he ordered one slice of a a nutella cake.

We started eating and while he's in the middle of eating,I asked him, "In the upcoming school year,you'll study in the university where you had your 1st year in Senior High,right?"

"Yeah." He answered me before opening his mouth to eat a small part of the slice. "But after this school year,I'll definitely go back to Danford to study college with you. We cool with that?"

"Of course,why not?" I said before he smiled at me. He smiled for like 7 seconds until I realized that there's a chocolate on his teeth. I pointed to it so he licked it sexily. "It doesn't suit you,Mister."

"Really? How about this?" He teased,made a lip bite slowly. Out of my grossed feelings,I looked away. He ruffled my hair before he said, "You're cute."

"Stop." I told him,showing my palm to him. Joaquin high-fived it and I removed it quickly. "You're cheesier than a Mac n' Cheese plus a lasagna."

"Why are you mentioning foods?" He asked me, "Are you hungry?"

"We just ate breakfast in your place. I'm not a pig to be hungry every hour." I rolled my eyes at him.

Joaquin pinched my cheeks then he said, "It's okay if you'll eat every minute. I don't care if you'll get fat."

"I don't plan to eat lunch today. Just a sausage in a bun will do."

"You really love breads." Joaquin said, "If you'll not eat sandwich,you'll eat a burger if not that one, a sausage in a bun. You never changed since then."

That day,we spent it according to his plan. After we ate at Cupcake House,we walked around to find a mini stall that sells sausages and hotdogs. Then,again, we walked around the city with my pumps worn by my feet. He saw that my feet's already in pain so we entered the clothings shop where we first met.

He bought a mint green sneakers for me. Joaquin personally chose that because he said that it suits my dress. Plus,he knew that it's my favorite color.

I never got sick of this city,this neighborhood so I didn't mind walking here with the guy I always loved. I already changed into the sneakers so I felt more comfortable.

At the end of the day,he gave me a piggyback ride to send me home since he felt that I'm already tired.

"Sorry for making your feet tired." He told me while my chin was resting on his right shoulder. "We should've stayed home and cuddled with each other."

"This just happens once in a blue moon so it's alright." I whispered to his ear. I'm sure that made his ears tickling.

I kissed him on the cheek,causing him to laugh a little. I placed my chin in the crook of his neck and giggled.