《Chapter 23》

Saturday night,Joaquin was supposed to pick me up but it's already 6:30pm and there's no sight of him. Even a call from him or text. I got anxious. I tried to call him but it is said that his number was unavailable. I bit my lip and called him again but there's really no answer.

I hurriedly grabbed a taxi and told the driver to go to where our house is located.

I ran around to check if there's a figure of Joaquin. His mom said that he went out so I'm sure he's supposed to walk me home.

After a few minutes of looking for him,I had a glance of two guys in a narrow alley where the garbages are usually found.

Slowly walking towards the guys,I finally recognized who those are. "Bernard? What's happening here?" I asked him,defending Joaquin while he's behind me. Bernard was about to punch him in the face but the thing is,he saw me coming.

He looked scary,Bernard. He narrowed his eyes to me and said, "So this was your ex boyfriend who hurt you,huh?" He was referring to Joaquin,of course. "After holding a grudge at him,you're his girlfriend now?"

By this time,my hands came down to the side of my body after I blocked Joaquin from Bernard's punch.

"You don't know his story so you better shut your mouth!" I shouted to him while I was pointing my finger to his face. I pulled Joaquin's hand to go out of that tight space and said, "Let's go."

We left Bernard there,standing alone. While pulling Joaquin to my house,he talked. "Thanks." I just continued to walk with my hands,grabbing his.

He got the chance to grab my hand so he pulled me to him,causing our faces to be near with each other. I looked at his bruises that was caused by Bernard,and then to his eyes. Joaquin gazed at my lips and he pressed his lips to mine.

He put his hands behind my head and I wrapped my arms around his neck,tiptoeing to reach his lips. He's really tall compared to me. There we are,kissing under the moon passionately as we ran out of breath. I pulled off from his lips and smiled.

I removed my arms from his neck and continued to grab his hand. We ran together until we reached our home.

We entered the house so that I can treat his wounds. "Mom,where's our med kit?" I shouted to Mom as she was lying down on their bed while waiting for Dad.

"It's underneath the pantry." She asked, "Why? Did something happened?" She rushed to the living room while she saw Joaquin sitting on the couch. "Oh. What happened,my son?"

"He was beaten up by Bernard,Mom." I explained,coming back to Joaquin while holding the med kit. I looked at Mom's reaction and I can tell she's shocked.

"How in Earth did that happened?"

"He knew that Joaquin's the one who left me back in the old days. Bernard punched him without knowing the real story."

"Wow." She reacted. "Get that treated by our beloved daughter." She said to Joaquin, walking back to their bedroom.

"We should wash your face first." I told him and he seemed scared by the thought of getting in touch with a water on his wounds. "It's not going to be that painful since it's taken care of by me. It's filled with love."

He gave it a thought and smiled. "Fine." We stood up and headed to the bathroom.

I stood against the sink and he sat on the toilet bowl,it's covered,so dontcha worry.

While washing his face,he touched my hand and said, "Thanks." It made me stopped since it's already done. "It's really different if someone's taking care of you."

"I'll be taking care of you,forever." I said to him,gently wiping his wet face with a towel. "C'mon."

We sat back down on the couch as I started treating his face that was filled with bruises. "Aish." I complained irritatingly. "Why does he have to damage this handsome face!"

"It's alright." He assured me. "As long as it's not you,I'm fine."

After finishing it up,I asked him, "Will you eat here or you'll eat with your family?"

"I'll just eat here." He told me,walking to the dining room. I followed him and I prepared a plate. "It's already late,after all." I just nodded,sitting infront of him.

He ate pasta while I ate an instant noodles. I'm too lazy to eat a heavy meal tonight. As I was not tying my hair,he gently grabbed my hair to avoid dunking it into the bowl.

"Make sure not to eat your own hair." He jokingly said to me. "I'm already done so I better go home."

I don't mind spending the rest of my life with this guy. He just seems so perfect to me. I'll cry a river if something happens to us and that made us split separately. I can't see my life without him,again.