《Chapter 6》

Everything's already done! I got my report card yesterday and my grades are very very good as always. While the recognition is perfect. Everyone congratulated me and I'm so happy with it. Now that I think about it,next week will be the anniversary of our break up. Woah. It's almost a year! And as all of us can see,I'm living very well without him in my life. Thanks,buddy!

"Hey,Kris!" Someone suddenly popped out of the window again while I was facing the window. He did that since that first time he discovered that he can do that. And of course I'll know it's Bernard because he's the only one who calls me by the nickname,Kris. He made that. "Do you know that someone will be living here?" He's pointing at the house next to us.

"Really?" He nodded. I opened the curtain,then the window. I grabbed his hands very hard that was placed at the window awhile ago. "I'm just very happy that at last,someone will live there! Don't you know that it's very creepy there at night? I can always hear things. Of course I'm scared especially when I'm up all night to study. The scariest thing is that I face the other bedroom's window when I sit here and I'm afraid something will show up."

"Hell,that's creepy." He commented. "I'm also glad that you'll be able to sleep peacefully again without thinking about that house."

"I know right." I leaned back to my chair and crossed my arms.

"They bought it yesterday." He reported to me. How does he know all of this?

"Are you the one who will buy it?" He shrugged. "How come you know it?"

"Maybe because I keep on coming to this neighborhood and keep on hearing everybody's gossip when I walk even though I'm not from here?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry." I smiled at him and said, "Thanks for the Daily News,Bernard!"

"Sure!" Then he walked away.

What if the family that will live there is a very rich one? What if they're famous? What if they're son is my age and suoer handsome? I have many 'What Ifs' and I've been imagining what will happen to us and the family next door. I'm sure my parents will be happy,too. They've been looking forward to give sandwiches to our new neighbors again. They do that everytime someone's moving in near here.

I ran to them and saw Dad,talking to someone over the phone. Probably it's work. While Mom's cleaning the frontyard before the sun set.

I went outside and told Mom everything and I saw her smile. It's weird that we're happy about having a neighbor,right? Our family's really weird.

"Mom,I'll find a summer job tomorrow."

"Oh,that's great." She said as she watered the plants. I waited for her answer. She talked after watering all the plants and stood up straight,her hands supporting her tired back. I massaged it as she talk, "You should really earn money for yourself because I stopped working. Plus,you're doing nothing at home."

"Yeah,I know right." I said,finishing her back. "That made me think of what should I do for the whole summer vacation."

We went inside and ate dinner. This time,Mom didn't cook because she's running out of experimented food so we ate regular food.

After eating,I tried to call Jessica and ask her what job should I get but she didn't answered. I took a shower first and tried again. This time,she answered.

"Hey,Jess! Do you think,what summer job will fit me?"
"Summer job? What kind of magic came into your mind? You're too hardworking that it made me look like a lazy bum even though I'm not."
"You sure,you're not?"
"Yep!"
"Then what are you doing right now?"
"Doing some DIY for my new expanded room. I really love crafting."
"Ohh. That made me believe you,for real."
"I'm saying the truth,Krystal."
"Nah. I know you're layin' down on your bed,chatting with Andre and our HS friends plus,you're eating. Am I right?"
"Okay,fine. You're saying the truth."

We had a moment of silence for a second but it was cut off when I asked again. "So... what job should I get? I'm going to find some tomorrow."

"You,being a cashier woman would be great and you could be a good server for a fast food restaurant,too!"
"Oh,that's nice. Wanna come with me tomorrow? Just help me,okay?"
"Okay,sure. But I'm never going to have a job with you."
"Fine,if that's what you want,then."
"Bye,I'll hang up."
"Okay,thanks!"