Lola

Another three months into my pregnancy Hero had set up the baby's room, along with having builders round to make some more spare rooms and a second bathroom.

Lola had invited me to dinner at her place which I had promised to go to, flying out of the tree was becoming harder with the extra weight, still I made it to her actual house with time to spare.

"Hello!" Lola greeted me.

"Hi." I said and followed her into her place. A table was laid with broccoli trees and pizza. My two main cravings.

"I thought your baby might like the food I set out. It's so hard not to say the gender. But it loves you, and it wants out very soon."

I sat down at the laid table and waited for Lola to bring the drinks over. She picked up a slice of pizza and began munching, I had no idea a girl could eat so quick so I quickly snaffled three slices and all of the broccoli onto my plate.

When she had ate her share, Lola began asking about what names we had chosen.

"Well." I said in between chewing, "we wanted unique kind of names, like Amber for a girl or Ace for a boy."

Lola nodded.

"You like the A's then?"

"Yes."

I had eventually finished my food, the baby kicked me softly, then another sudden kick right after. This was a quick baby.

Lola made a face.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just getting your thoughts and the baby's thoughts mixed up."

Later on as I left Lola's place I remembered an appointment for that afternoon.

When I arrived home Hero and I left for the doctors.

"So this is six months?" The doctor asked when we were in the scan room.

I nodded.

"Any changes?"

I thought.

"Not much. I got another craving alongside broccoli, pizza. And the kicking is happening more."

The doctor nodded then I laid on a bed to be scanned. He put the jel on my tummy then he moved the monitor over the jel.

It was fuzzy and the loud beat of my heart could be easily heard. Then a tiny flutter could be heard in the background. It was beating very quickly.

The doctor frowned whilst moving the monitor about.

"Hmm. It seems I have spotted something."

"About his or her heart?"

He nodded. Then smiled.

"Congratulations, that's two new additions to the family!"

That moment was so perfect. The doctor left Hero and I as we squealed excitedly.

Then the doctor returned looking solumn.

"The bad news, however, is that you will need to deliver them in this week, because they are growing quicker than normal babies and are getting squished in the womb."

Hero looked shocked.

"No, that's okay, the sooner we get to see them."

Hero nodded.

That must have been the thoughts Lola was getting mixed up, the thoughts of two babies.

Hi everyone, this story has 198 views, let's try to get it up to 200!
Also thanks for your lovely  comments I love reading them😀