Chapter 1 ~ Are You Deaf?

Chapter 1

Are You Deaf?

I opened my eyes with a great effort, they felt they had been glued shut. I drew a deep breath and immediately regretted it. It felt like a mountain troll had sat on my chest. I groaned in pain. 

“Ahh, finally awake I see.” I tried to scramble away.

 A splitting pain raked through my chest and I cried out in pain. I was still sitting and looked at him suspiciously, I reached for my sword only to find that it wasn’t there. He took a step closer. I shuffled backwards as much as I could.

“Calm down. I’m not going to hurt you. Why would I hurt you, if I went to all that effort to save you?” He said. I stared at him reproachfully. He had medium length wavy dark brown hair and brown eyes. He was tall and muscular and looked like he was about 20. About my age is I was a human. 

“Estel Camlost Norbury.” He said. “That is my name. Although you can call me whatever you want.” He took a step closer and I shuffled backwards. A huge pain went through my shoulder and I cried out.

“Hey! Don’t go ruining my healing handiwork. It took ages to get those arrows out of you and the bandages on.” He said. I finally found my voice.

“Who are you?” I asked. He rolled his brown eyes at me. 

“Are you deaf? I already said, my name is Estel Norbury.” He said loudly. I frowned at him.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“Your in the middle of no where, stuck here with me. Some forest, I think.” He said. 

“How did I get here?” I asked. 

“I d’know. All I know is, I was wandering through the forest and there you were lying there, alone, with two arrows in y’ chest and a bunch of dead Orcs around you. You nearly died. In fact you might of died, I’m not sure. I decided to take you with me. I took the arrows out, put some of your cream on and bandaged you up.” My mouth hung open in shock as I finally remembered what happened.

~ Flashback ~

Suddenly an arrow pierced Boromir. I screamed. I looked for the source and quickly found it. I ran towards the Orc. It raised its bow and fired twice at me. Both arrows hit their mark in my chest with sick thuds. One hit just above my heart and below my shoulder, the other underneath my ribcage. 

Suddenly it felt like all my breath was gone, all my energy had been drained and fire had erupted in my chest. I screamed. I fell backwards and crashed onto the floor. I laid on the ground shaking from pain. I couldn’t move all I could feel was pain.

It felt like someone had stabbed my chests repeated with spoons and had tried to scoop my insides out. I couldn’t hear anything; I couldn’t feel anything except for pain.

Suddenly I could see more than just trees. Everything seemed to becoming lighter. Everything seemed to becoming white. When I normally passed out everything turned black, What was different this time? I thought.

I saw a vague outline of Legolas’s face hovering over mine before everything turned white and I saw and felt no more pain

~ End of Flashback ~

I looked at him with my mouth hanging open.

“Well no need to thank me, I was only the one who saved your sorry behind.” He said sarcastically. 

“I-um. Thank you. Are you sure I was alone?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yup. No one in sight.” He said he walked over and sat down next to me. He raised his eyebrows, “So, what’s your name?” 

“I’m Alana Quicksilver.”

~ ~ OOOOH! I am sooo excited!!!! ~ ~