Chapter 2 ~ Legless and Air Gone

Chapter 2

Legless and Air Gone

He nodded.

“What were you doing alone, in the middle of a forest with all those dead Orcs around you?” He asked.

“I wasn’t alone. I was with my friends.” I said defiantly. He raised an eyebrow at me.

“All right. Say you were with your friends. Why were you lying with dead Orcs?” He asked.

“Because I killed them?” I said as if it was obvious. He nodded though I could tell he didn’t believe me. I could tell he wanted to press further so I started talking again, “Where far are we from where I nearly died and where are you taking me?”

“Erm,” He said scratching his head, “We are four days from were you almost died and we are going to the Prince and his guard. We have a days journey still ahead of us.” He said. My mouth hung open.

“I was unconscious for four days?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yes. And believe me Princess it was hard to drag you all that way. I mean I will still have to drag you to the Prince but at least your awake. I was about to die of boredom.” He said. My eyes widened, he couldn’t possibly know I was a princess. It was probably just a nickname, I thought. He continued, “I found this bag on your back so I took it to, it’s on my horse over there. And you’ll probably want to eat some breakfast before we set off. “ I nodded.

“Yes please!” I said. My stomach rumbled, when I smelled the food. He had dried meat strips, water and berries. I greedily took the food and started munching on it. He put out the little fire and packed his bag up and strapped it on the horse. The horse was a beautiful large chestnut mare.

“What’s its name?” I asked Estel. He looked up from fastening his bag.

“His name is Arto. It means exalted male in Queyna, because he is one of the fastest horses out there.” He said patting Arto on the flank. I smiled. Estel spent a few more minutes packing everything up and then we were ready to go.

“All right. This is how we are going to do this. I am going to lift you carefully, onto the saddle and then I shall the reins and we shall ride to my Prince and his group of soldiers.” He said. I nodded.

“Okay. How is that going to work though? If I’m in the back holding on to you then technically you’d have to go on first.” I said.

“Yes, but you will be in front and I will be steering from the front.” He said. Before I could say anything else to object he walked over and slid his arms under my back and knees and scooped me up.

“PUT ME DOWN!” I yelled.
“Sure thing princess.” He said. He swung me up onto the horse.

“I meant on the ground.” I said sulkily. He laughed. It was a nice warm laugh.

“But then I wouldn’t be able to get on the horse.” He said. He swung himself up behind me. I felt uncomfortable to say the least.

“I barely know you, this is very improper.” I said. He unshed the horse forwards and soon we were galloping.

“I know tons about you. Besides, I have mended you for four days, if I wanted to hurt you don’t you think I would have done it sooner?” He said. I felt my eyes widen.

“I guess. What do you know about me?” I asked.

“You sometimes snore softly in your sleep, you murmur in your sleep a lot about someone who’s Legless and about how the air gone.” He said. I smiled sadly.

“Nobody’s legless and the air isn’t gone. I was probably murmuring Legolas and Aragorn not legless and air gone.” I said exasperated.

“Legolas and Aragorn?” He asked and I nodded. “Those are really weird names.”

“They are not.” I said indignantly.

“They are too.” He said childishly. “At least I have a normal name. Estel rescuer of the fair Lady Alana!” He said loudly.

~ ~ HI!!!! OMG I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!!! I have very valid reasons but you probably don't want to here them. But I will say I was away for a week WITHOUT INTERNET. I know.. Tragic. But I survived and started writing all my ideas as soon as I got home.

Thank you to all those who commented!! I love getting the little wattpad emails and reading that so and so wrote a comment. I read all of them but I thought you would want an update before a reply.

So until next time... Love you guys!!! ~ ~ ~