Chapter 11 ~ Rebel

Chapter 11

 Rebel

I got up as well and looked to see his reaction. Estel’s face had completely been drained of all laughter and happiness that had been written there before. I too, felt as if all the all the happiness was draining from me.

“The prince’s orders were to take Lady Quicksilver to Edoras and alert the King.” Estel looked taken aback. I heard the sounds of battle coming from far away. A horn blew somewhere alerting the rest of the soldiers of the attack.

“I cannot abandon my people.” He said, determinedly.

“Those were the Prince’s orders, now go!” The soldier turned and ran toward the noise, and I had the worst feeling that we wouldn’t be seeing him again. I grabbed Estel’s hand and tugged him, though he remained motionless.

“Estel, we must go!” I cried, pulling his hand. He stumbled numbly as I pulled him towards the back of the tent, where Arto was fastened. The clangs of swords nearly drowned out the orders barked by the soldiers as hundreds of people streamed past us, all drawing their weapons.

“We can’t leave them!” He shouted, trying to release himself from my grip. I drew my sword.

“We can, and we must! They were the Prince’s orders.” I shouted. The havoc drew nearer, and I could see the men fighting. They were desperately outnumbered by the Uruk-hai, who slaughtered the men mercilessly.

I quickly pulled myself on to Arto and tried to pull Estel closer to him. Estel looked at me wildly, before drawing his sword.

“I was never one to follow orders.” He said. “Go with out me, you’ll be faster alone. Ride to Edoras, and tell the King. It’s less than half a day’s journey east. Go!” He urged Arto forward. Arto darted forward and Estel’s hand slipped from my grasp. Estel charged towards the main chaos.

“Estel!” I screamed as we galloped away from the battle. He looked back at me with panic in his eyes.

“Go! I will see you soon.” He stated, as it there were no question about it. He turned around and charged at the nearest Uruk-hai. I turned back around and grabbed the reins, trying to regain my composure. I steered Arto as best I could but it was hard to see through the tears welling in my eyes.

“Noro lim, Arto, noro lim!” I whispered to Arto, like I had done two days before. So much had changed, yet so much was the same. Both times, running from the threat, both times because of the Prince’s Guard.

Arto galloped through forest before we reached fields, the longer we galloped the closer I became to despair. I did not know the way to Edoras and therefore did not know if I was headed in the right direction.

~ ~ I UPDATED FOR YOU GUYS! That's pretty much all I have to say. ~ ~