Chapter 4 ~ Lost?

Chapter 4

Lost?

I was jerked out of my daydreaming roughly. We had suddenly stopped. I looked around but we were still in the middle of a forest.

“Why did we stop?” I asked confused. I turned my head around to Estel who was staring off into space.

“Estel?” I asked worriedly. I waved my hand in front of his face and he looked at me. I let out a sigh of relief.

“Why did we stop?” I asked. He looked at me sheepishly.

“I erm, might have already passed that tree a few times he said. Pointing to the tree with the ‘x’ carved into it.  I looked at him, trying to decipher if he was joking.

“So, we’re lost?” I asked. He looked at me sheepishly.

“I know where we are.” He said confidently.

“Where are we?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

“We are in the middle of bloody nowhere!” He shouted frustrated. I looked around.

“No, we’re not. We are where we started.” I said. I slid off the horse and Estel followed my example. I wandered around in a circle looking at our surroundings. I looked at the trees and the leaves and flowers blooming and then I felt it.

My hand started being pulled to one direction. I cried out in surprise as my hand was being lifted. It stopped once it was straight out in front of me.

I yelped as I noticed the ring Elrond had given me perched on my finger was glowing.

“What’s wrong?” Estel asked turning around. His eyes widened when he saw my hand. He jogged over to my and looked at the ring.

“That looks just like a Perilous Ring.” He said incredulously. I raised my eyebrow.

“A what?” I asked pushing on my arm with on hand.

“You haven’t heard the legends of the Perilous Rings?” He asked. I shook my head confused.

“Well, there were once four Elfish brothers and they all had one magic ring. Did I mention they were princes? No, oh well. Someone declared war on them and they were really worried.“ I was concentrating so much on the story that I didn’t know my hand returned back to my side. He continued,

“They made twenty copies of their rings and gave them to the best fighters. The magic in the rings made some of them turn evil and after the battle they sleighed each other. After the fight the princes collected the rings and gave them to their children.” He said.

“Interesting.” I said. I looked at me incredulously.

“That’s all you have to say to that legend?” He asked. I nodded and turned around. I walked towards the horse and mounted him, Estel stood there looking at me.

“Come on then.” I said. I took hold of the reins and held on to them tightly. He walked over and mounted the horse. I turned around slightly and pointed to where my hand was pointing before.

“We’re going that way.” I said and he shrugged.

“I have no better ideas.” He said.

~ ~

~ ~ Hey guys!!!!!! So nsorry for the long updates!!!! It took me a while to get this up because I injured my wrist. Don't ask me how because I don't actually know. It just hurts. I had to get an x-ray today and they said it might be from to much typing on my phone. Since I wrie on there sometimes I'm typing quite a bit. But since I'm writing to you now from the computer I'm only using one hand.

It took me almost ten minutes to write that so I hope you all read it. I wanted to thank @Promise1982 @RowanLaufeyson1 @Smilelaughshine @wildstallion2002 and @SashaSandy1 who all commented on chapter three. It really made my day... Five times.

Anyways... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! If you celebrate it... What are you guys going as???

Thanks for reading!!!!! ~ ~