Chapter 5 ~ Rowena isn't a Liar

Chapter 5

Rowena isn't a Liar

We galloped on stopping occasionally to listen for any signs of life. I pulled sharply on the reins and Arto, the horse, huffed and neighed. I rolled my eyes as he had a mini-nervous break down. I patted his neck.

“Man le trasta, Arto, Man cenich? Arto, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ‘ruith!” (What troubles you Arto, what do you see? Arto, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!) I said soothingly stroking his neck. Suddenly I heard something. Twigs snapped in the distance and Arto huffed and pawed the ground nervously.

I twisted around in my seat to see why Estel wasn’t doing anything. He was asleep and his head was rolling to the side. His arms were around me but hanging off loosely. Another twig snapped and I squeezed Arto’s flesh telling him to run forward.

We galloped forward and I looked back to check if anyone was following us. I couldn’t see them, but someone was definitely galloping after us. I heard them clomp noisily through the forest.

“Noro lim, Arto, noro lim!” (Run fast, Arto, run fast!) I whispered and he shot forward. Soon he was puffing with the strain. I pulled on the reins and he slowed down a little. I listened for any noises and sighed a breath of relief.

“Mae carnen, Arto, mellon nin.” (Well done, Arto, my friend.)

We continued trotting forward when suddenly they were surrounding us. About thirty people sat on horses forming a circle around us. Arto reared and started panicking.

“Whoa Arto, whoa.” I said. Trying to calm him down. He calmed down and starting pawing the ground. Now, it was my turn to panic. I reached behind me and grasped my sword. One of the men urged the horse forward and I made Arto back up. He addressed me.

“State your name and business, stranger.” He said. He grasped his sword and unsheathed it. I did the same not liking his defensive actions.

“My name is Rowena Morenci.” I said making up a name. “Me and my partner are travelling to a nearby village.” I said hoping they’d believe me. His eyes narrowed dangerously.

“You are lying.” He said. He pointed the sword at my chest and said, “I’ll ask you again Rowena, what is your business and why are you with that man?” He said gesturing to where Estel lay. I hesitated and nudged Estel, I could really use his help.

“We are both traveling to a nearby village. We ran in to some trouble there and are fleeing for our safety.” I said again. He looked to the guard next to him and whispered to him. The guard nodded and the man returned his icy gaze towards me. I felt Estel stir behind me and sit up groggily.

“Was go-in on?” He asked confused.

“You are under arrest Rowena, for holding Estel, a member of the Royal guard hostage. Seize her!” He cried. 

“I- what?” I cried. I pointed my sword at the advancing men.

“Wait what?” Estel cried. I swung at the nearest man but missed, he was to far away. They all lowered their spears.

“Alana! What did you do?” Estel cried. I swung at the nearest spear and chopped off the head.

“Nothing!” I yelled. The man growled at me.

“Don’t harm her!” Estel cried just as the man swung the blunted spear at my head. My movements were still slow and I didn’t duck in time. The spear hit the side of my head and since I was probably still weak from nearly dying, I blacked out immediately.

~ ~

~ ~ HEY GUYS!!! What's up??? So.... Another chapter :D Hope you guys like it!!!! Vote if you did cause.... This book is GOING IN THE WATTYS!! Yay! I'm excited. They added a new button where you can see the reads, votes and comments all in a graph and it's super super cool!!!! Last chapter probably got the most comments and the least votes.

Which reminds me.... The following people are super super extra awesome (not that you, reading this, aren't, I'm sure you've been just as loyal... but these peaople made my day with their comments) @Promise1982 @RowanLaufeyson1 @Smilelaughshine @wildstallion2002 and @SashaSandy1

Ok YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME!!! Bye! ~ ~