Five: Scar killed my Simba

Another short chapter, I should have included this in the previous chapter but I didn't :p anyways, I hope you're liking this story so far because I am.

----

"I heard he tortures cats and cuts them up and feeds them to the dogs!" Luke, Holly's boyfriend, said it with a confident look on his face. Luke didn't always sit at there table, he usually hung out with his football team but for Holly, he joins them twice a week.

It's not that he hates them or anything. Quite the contrary, he really likes them but he'd rather sit with his teammates.

Gina scowled "Come on! That's obviously just a rumor. No matter how awful the person is, i don't think anyone is capable of torturing cats. They're adorable"

Jonathon suddenly burst out laughing banging his hands on the table. They all watched him bemused as he gasped for a breath "Look who's talking! Gina used to step on their tails on purpose and sometimes she even kicked them! Hahahahaha. Red used to always scold Gina when she did that and one time..." He burst out again "One time, Red brought a new cat home.. what was it's name?"

Gina started laughing rememering that day "I think it was called, Simba?"

"Yeah! We were all addicted to The Lion King back then" Jonathon grinned, enjoying telling old tales "Anyways, Red was obviously ecstatic about it and she kept on bragging about the kitty throughout the day. Simba did that, Simba did this, Simba.. Simba, blah blah" He took a look at Red who was looking down at the food on her plate and playing around with it. She was clearly upset about something.

"Yeah continue..." Norman said, getting a little too excited to hear the story.

Jonathon's mood dropped instantly when he saw Red upset but decided to tell the story and talk to Red later "Well, because of how much Red was bragging about the kitten, we decided to go see it after school. The cat was really, really cute and we ended up playing with it all day. This is where it gets really bad." He took a deep breath and let it out staring at his friends who were gaping at him "We wanted to shower the poor kitty but you know how cats are with water. It started jumping and scratching us and purring loudly when Gina..." Jonathon smiled "Gina held it down under the water for a good amount of time. The kitten was struggling to get out from under her grasp but oh boy, Gina was one strong kid. She ended up killing the poor kitty!" He burst out laughing and Gina joined him while the others stared at them with shock.

"How is that funny?! Gina you're a cat murderer! Oh my God... that's so awful! What happened to Red?" Holly said, horrified.

Gina wiped away the tears of laughter and calmed down "Well, she cried for a week straight and stopped talking to me for a month but to make up for it, I got her a turtle and everything was settled"

"That's horrible! Didn't you have nightmares or anything?" Norman asked with wide eyes "I always thought you were intimidating Gina but I could have never guessed you were a cat murderer!"

Red smiled at her friends, she was listening to them talk but she was too busy caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't join them.

I pissed off Jonathon and Damon. Now they both hate me. 

"Oh come on! I was 10! I didn't even know cats could drown" Gina defended herself and they all started bickering about it. Jonathon decided to step out of the conversation because annoying Gina was not a good thing. He moved his chair next to Red and smiled at her "Hey"

Red grinned back at him "Hey"

"What's up?" He asked "Why aren't you eating?"

She shrugged "I don't know, I'm a little sad"

"Why is that?"

"Because!" she bit her lip "Because I got you mad at me... I'm sorry Jonathon"

Jonathon frowned "Red, I'm not mad at you. Look at me" She tilted her head up "I told you, it's not your fault. Now stop thinking about it and cheer up! We were talking about Simba!"

"Oh, I heard you guys." Red smiled but glared at Gina "I still don't forgive her! We literally saw the poor kitty die. Thinking about it, I should have named it Mufasa"

Jonathon raised an eyebrow "Why?"

"Because in the Lion King, Mufasa dies not Simba. It would have made total sense then. Simba's supposed to grow up and get married and have children but Gina, also known as Scar killed my Simba" Red explained and suddenly, everyone on the table cracked up laughing even Jonathon.

"This is exactly why we love you, Red" Jonathon flashed her a grin "Come on, eat up. Lunch will be over in no time"

She nodded and started eating her food, grimacing every once and a while at the horrible taste but that didn't stop her from devouring the whole thing.

"Hey, Red"

"Yo"

"Heya Red"

"Hello, Red!"

"Red! Hi!"

Everyone was saying hi to her when they passed her table from the lunch line and Red returned them back with a huge grin. Now she was feeling much better and joined in, talking to her friends who finally dropped Damon's subject.

Speaking of Damon, Red's head snapped up and she started looking around the room for him. She didn't see him anywhere and frowned a little, did he skip? He's not allowed to skip school or leave the school without permission. Red thought.

Breaking the rules was her least favorite thing in this school and that's why she never got detention. Never in her whole school life and she wasn't on planning getting one any time soon.

"Red, babe" Gina called, snapping her out of her thoughts "Yeah?"

She scooted her chair closer to Red and whispered "Luke's birthday is in a couple of weeks and Holly wants to surprise him. She was talking to me on the phone last night and she mentioned something about your parent's cabin? She was too shy to ask you this but she was wondering if she could have a surprise birthday party for Luke's birthday... if that's okay with you and your parents?"

Red nodded her head vigorously "Yeah, it's not that far. I don't think my parents would mind as long as they don't mess the place"

Gina grinned "You're the best, I'll tell her. She'll be ecstatic! Oh and by the way, we're going to the diner today as well but this time... everyone's going to be there"

"Sure, I'll come"

"Great" Gina muttered excitedly and turned back to her friends who were now talking about a circus that's supposed to be coming to town in a couple of weeks.

Suddenly, the who lunch room went quiet when Damon Cooper walked in. He had a scowl plastered on his face as he crossed the room immediately towards an empty table at the far corner. Everyone watched him silently and the moment he sat down, they all broke out into mummers.

"God, I hate that guy" Jonathon stared at him with disgust.

Red furrowed her eyebrows "You don't even kno-"

Gina interrupted her immediately "Can we not talk about Damon Cooper? Please?"

They all nodded in agreement.

Red was never the one to fight with her friends, especially not Jonathon.

But ever since Damon Cooper walked into their lives, everything started to change.

And that was just the beginning.

----------------

The whole posey on the right! I know Red is just stupid and frustrating but bear with her a little, things will get intense in a couple of chapters. Thanks you guys! I really wish you could comment though... it would really motivate me to write more. 

Annnnd for my dear friend Dina, thank you so much for believing in me and this is for you <3