Seven: Out of all the people in the world, it had to be you!

This is one of my favorite chapters!!

-------------

Red waved goodbye to Jonathon as she closed the car door and marched towards her house. After the whole incident thing, they just spent it talking about stupid stuff and at 10, they all decided to leave back home. Jonathon offered to drop Red off and she agreed. They talked for a while in the car and listened to the radio when they reached her place.

She opened the door and walked in greeting her father who stood right next to the door holding her car keys "where are you going?" Red asked when her dad sighed with relief "Thank God! I didn't want to leave the house with your girly car, here" he shoved the car keys and a piece of paper in her hands. Red grabbed them and opened the paper looking at it "Rice, butter, milk, bananas, fillet, cold shrimps and honey mustard sauce" was written on the paper.

"To the grocery store" Mathew said to his daughter who was groaning slightly "okay dad"

He chuckled "love you" he patted her head and she turned around, opened the door and walked to her car with her back slumped. She didn't like grocery shopping, it was her least favorite thing to do. She jumped in her car and turned it on, rolling out of the driveway on the road.

She easily found a parking spot and parked her car and got out with a huff.

After roaming around the empty grocery store for 15 minutes to find all the stuff, she went to pay for it. Only one register was open and behind it was a bored looking boy his hair covering his face as he tapped away on his phone.

Red set out to the register and placed the basket on the counter with a loud bang. The kid was startled, he flinched and accidentaly dropped his phone. Red grimaced as the phone hit the floor with a loud crack. The boy looked up angrily at Red and they both gasped. Damon Cooper stood in front of Red with an angry scowl on his face.

"Really?! Out of all the people in the world, it had to be you!" He bent down and picked up his phone that looked unharmed. Red pursed her lips. why do I run into him all. The. Time.

He angrily grabbed the basket and started pulling the stuff out, tagging them and placing them inside a bag. Red watched him silently. He was still scowling as he tapped on the register a couple of times before turning to her "12.59"

Red reached for the money in her pocket and handed it to Damon, who later slammed the cash register and gave her the rest of the money.

Red winced and walked away without uttering a word. The bags weren't as heavy as she expected so she walked faster and placed them in the passengers seat then hurried back to the drivers side and started the car. Instead of taking the main road, she decided to take the faster and shorter road but it was kind of deserted. She didn't care, she was tired and she couldn't wait to reach home and sleep.

To keep herself company, she turned on the radio and 'I love it' started playing. Red sang along quietly. It was a good fun song.

"I don't care, I love it-" she stopped singing immediately when the car suddenly stopped. Red immediately turned on her blinkers and tried to start the car again, it would let out a small roar and then it'd stop. 10 minutes later, she gave up on turning it on and got out of the car. She opened the hood and stared at it for a couple of seconds before realizing that she had no clue what she should be looking for.

With a frustrated groan, she shut it and went back to the car to grab her phone but lucky Red, it was off. She just stood there for a couple of minutes staring at her car with a blank expression trying to think of what to do.

"UGH!" She kicked the tire with all her might and let out a loud groan as pain shot through her foot "ouch, ouch" she started jumping up and down trying to make the pain go.

Redजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें