I'll Have To Break Your Pinky

"How are you feeling?" Muscles asked me, his eyes searching mine nervously as he held me in his arms. Thankfully he caught me when I fell backwards, but now he was just looking at me like I was dying.

"Like I just got punched in the face." I pointed out, giving him a small laugh in order to lighten the mood a bit. It seemed to work when I noticed a small smile tug at the corners of his mouth. "You can let go of me now though Muscles." I informed him. He just cleared his throat and nodded, standing up and lifting me up with him, steadying me as I got to my feet. "Thanks." I smiled. He let go of my arms when he knew I could stand, and I brushed the dirt off of my body. Do the janitors never clean this school? 

"Should we go to the principle's office?" He asked me, grabbing my hand with his own as we walked down the hall back to the rest of the student body.

"No no we shouldn't!" I pleaded quickly, shaking my head frantically. He just laughed a little before placing both of his hands on either side of my face.

"Calm down Ice! We won't go if you don't want to." He chuckled, ruffling his fingers through my hair playfully. I just groaned a little before I felt relieved. 

At least Ajax didn't hate me. "Would you hate me if I sat with you at lunch today?" Muscles asked me hopefully. My jaw almost dropped at his question and I smacked his arm. 

"Why the hell would I hate you Teddy Bear?" I asked with horror, deciding to change his nickname last minute. "Of course you can sit with me." I smiled brightly, my heart warming at the fact I had a new friend.

"If you call me Teddy Bear in front of anyone you're going to get it." He laughed, putting his hand on my back and pushing me forward with him.

"Fine I'll stick with Muscles in public." I sighed and he just smiled a little, turning to face me when we were still out of sight of most people.

"Pinky promise?" He asked with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows as he held out his pinky. 

"You're not helping the soft cuddly part of you with this." I winked, holding out my pinky and grasping his with mine. He squeezed our pinkys together and I just giggled a little, he was so weird.

"You do know what happens if you break this promise right?" He asked, raising both of his eyebrows and giving me a toothy grin.

"You break my pinky." I told him, understanding how pinky promises worked. 

"Exactly." He smiled, "And neither of us would like that very much now would we?" He said leaning into me a little.

"Nope!" I cheered, getting a deep laugh from him. He had such a nice laugh. 

"Now let's go over this again. What aren't you calling me in public?" He asked suggestively, holding his hand out, waiting for my response.

"Ted-" I started before clearing my throat, "I have no idea what you're talking about." I saved myself. He just smirked a little but nodded.

"Great, you learn quickly." He smirked, squeezing my hand. Oh we were still holding hands. "Let's go." He smiled, dragging me with him back to the humans.

We walked up to the group with Natela, Jaxon and the others and released our hands. Ajax definitely knew how to make a day better. Elana smiled when she saw Ajax and he smiled back at her. "What is she doing here?" The girl with the sandy brown hair from the party spat. I'm guessing that's Mariem.

"Stop being a bitch Mari." Ajax said, matching her tone, "Ice did nothing to anyone." He said, raising his voice with each word.

"Don't you see she's using you?" Natela yelled, "She went through Parker and Graylan in like two days, do you really think she'll spend any longer with you?" She said, her eyes practically turning into daggers as they fell on me.