(2)

Primrose Everdeen.

I was called for the games. The first year I attend the reaping, I get called for the games.

"Well, come up darling" Effie Trinket exclaims, reaching a hand out for me.

I slowly make my way to the stage. I tuck in my shirt, as Katniss told me to do.

She reaches for my hand, and I take it.

"How old are you darling?" Effie asks

"12" I say, my voice shaky.

"Oh" is all she can mange to say "well, let's get to the boys"

She walks over to the boys big glass bowl and picks out a slip. She walks back over to the microphone and says loudly...

"Peeta Mellark"

I see a boy from the 16 year old section walk up here. He has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I don't know if I've seen him before.

"How old are you?" Effie asks

He clears his throat and says...

"16"

"Prefect!" Effie says, happily.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the tributes for the 74th Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor!" Effie exclaims.

Instead of cheers, Peeta Mellark and I receive 3 fingers. I've seen this sign before. It means admiration. It means goodbye to someone you love.

I am quickly hurried off stage and into the Justice Building. I've never been in here before. It has bright colors and leather furniture. I don't really care about all of this. I can't believe I was picked for the games! My first year!

Then, the door opens. I see my mother come in with tears beaming in her eyes. I start to cry.

"Prim...shhh" mum coos. I just can't help it.

"Katniss...she left, didn't she?" I ask, tears blurring my vision.

Mum doesn't say anything. She just cries even more. Katniss really did leave.

"I'm so sorry" my mother says.

I don't say anything. Instead, I just cry into her shoulder.

I don't cry for long. Because soon, the peacekeepers come rushing in, bringing my mother with them.

"Mum!' I cry and run to the door. But its too late. My mother is gone and I might never see her again.

Soon, I am taken out of the room and into a car. I've never been in one. But this travels a lot faster then walking.

We drive a short drive and soon get on the train.

The train.

A fast moving, colorful, and epic train.

It has food everywhere and the colors are so bright. I love bright colors.

"Well, just have a seat here and I will find Haymitch. He is your mentor" Effie says. As soon as she walks out, I feel the train start to take action. I sit in a seat across from Peeta and make no noise. Well try to. I can feel tears running from my eyes and I sniffle a bit.

"Hey" Peeta says, I turn around "its going to be ok"

"I'm 12, I don't think I'll survive the beginning of the games" I say as honest as possible.

"Everyone always underestimates the youngest ones. You just have to show them you can win" he smiles, so I smile back.

Right then, a person walks in. He smells terribly. I plug my nose and try not to breath his stench.

"Haymitch?" Peeta says. This is our mentor?

Haymitch flips around, staring Peeta in the eyes.

"What?" He says harshly

"Do-do you think you can give us some advice to... You know..." Peeta trails off

"Advice? Okay um... stay alive" he laughs.

"How is this funny? We're trying to think of winning here and your just to damn drunk to realize it! You should put that down" Peeta snaps.

I think Peeta regrets saying that because Haymitch's foot is on Peetas chest.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing" Peeta mutters.

"Good" Haymitch says, then takes anther gulp of a liquid he has in a clear bottle. Whatever it is, it smells bad.

After chugging the whole bottle, Haymitch pukes all over the train. Passing out afterwords.

"Ew!" I say, stepping back from the puddle of puke.

"I'll take care of him" Peeta says, picking Haymitch up and carrying him to anther room.

I'm alone now. I am terrified of what will happen. I'm stuck with a drunk mentor, I'm a 12 year old going to the hunger games, and to top it all, I didn't have a sister to protect me through it all. I can't believe Katniss left me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Short chapter, sorry but its a fill in. Hope you liked it!

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT

Everlark_Katniss