(5)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is the first day of training so....just a heads up.

"Up up up! Its a big big day!" Exclaims a VERY loud voice.

I open my eyes and I see Effie standing in my room taking the covers off of me.

"Wake up Primrose! You need to eat!" Effie says, then she walks out.

I wake up and walk out of my room and walk to the table. I see Peeta walking to the table as well.

"What's today?" I ask, not knowing.

"Well sweetheart, its the first day of training" he says

"Oh" is all I can mange to say.

"What is this?" I ask, looking down at the food on my plate.

"Oh Dear, that is eggs, ham, apple sauce, and Frothy Rosebery Soup" Effie answers.

"Thank you" I say. I've only had one of these before. And thats apple sauce. I've never had of any of these other foods. Let alone, heard of some of them.

I start to eat and I instantly fall in love with the raspberry soup.

After breakfast, I go back to my room and change.

I see that there are some clothes laied out for me. Probably training clothes. I put them on, braid my hair off to the side, like Katniss usually does, and walk back out to the table.

"Alright! Let's get you two to the training center" Effie says.

.

"Everyone would want to grab a sword or knife. I recommend you don't skip the survival skills. You might need that for later. Alright, off you go" the lady concludes.

She just gave us advice on how to survive. Or something like that.

I walk over to the snare station, since no one is there, and practice how to set one up. After a little while, I sort of get the hang of it.

Today I'm planning on doing just survival stations, then tomorrow I might pick up a weapon then the last day, I'll do both.

I see the little girl from District 11 at the campfire station. I decide to walk over there.

"Hi" I smile at her

"Hi" she says back

"I'm Prim" I say, holding my hand out for her to shake.

She shakes it and says...

"Rue. My mentor told me you wanted to be my ally"

"Yeah... so-" she cuts me off

"I would love to be your ally"

I give her a big smile and we work on the fire.

During the rest of training, we head to a lot of survival stations and talk about what skill would fit us best.

She thinks a bow and arrow for me, and I think a knife for her.

.

"So, what did you do at training today?" Haymitch asks Peeta and I as we eat or dinner, which contains lamb stew, rice, and dried plums.

"I made Rue as an ally" I say very proud of my accomplishment.

"Good. And you Peeta?" Haymitch asks.

"Nothing much" he says.

"You did do things. You showed off how strong you are. I don't call that nothing" I blurt out.

He laughs.

"I guess I did something" he says.

After dinner, I head to my room and shower with the weird showers.

Getting out, I put on a pink long sleeve shirt and dark blue bottoms that go to my knee. I quickly braid my hair off to one side and lay on the silk fabrics.

Just before falling asleep, Peeta walks in.

"Goodnight Prim" he smiles, and tucks the blankets under my toes.

"Goodnight Peeta" I reply back. Just as he walks out, I ask him...

"Why do you treat me so well?"

"What do you mean?"he asks walking back to my bed and sitting on the edge of it.

"I mean, why do you treat me so well if your going to end up killing me to win?" I ask, almost regretting my words.

"Prim, I'm not going to kill you. You're only 12. If anything, your going to win" he says

"But how do you know that? How do I know that your not going to kill me in the games?" I ask

"Because I'm not as low as these other tributes. I don't kill for a good time. I don't kill at all. The only time I would kill is to protect you. Your not going to die. Especially by me" he says.

I sigh. I feel like Peeta will actually try and protect me. I just know something will happen and he will be there for me.

"Thank you Peeta" I say. He gives me a smile and walks out the room.

I close my eyes, knowing Peeta will protect me. Then, I fall asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I DID NOT REVISE THIS SO I AM SORRY IF THERE SRW ANY MISTAKES!

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT

Everlark_Katniss