(18)

Author's note: Welcome back to another chapter! Once again, im sorry for not updating as much as should, but im a busy person. Thank you all for reading my story! I have finally reached 1k + reads! On my other story "The Nightmares Sing" it also has over 1k reads. I never knew my stories would ever be so popular! Thank you!

-

Don't you ever wake up feeling like the world has crashed all around you? Well, im experiencing that now. Rue died yesterday and I make myself believe she hasn't. These games have seriously ruined my mind.

This past week, I've witnessed awful events and i wish to not witness anymore.

I grab my bag and skim through it. I have one more bottle of water left, a rabbit Rue and I caught a few days ago, a rope, Rue's and my slingshot, our powerplants, and the sleeping bag on the ground.

The sleeping bag covered Rue last night, the hovercraft must have have collected Rue last night.

I collect all my items and start towards the river. I wonder who is still alive. All i know is Peeta, myself, Cato, Thresh, and Clove are still alive.

-

I've just finished my water when I come across a river. My face lights up and I feel the happiest I've been since I entered the arena. But all this changes in just a few seconds when i hear footsteps come from the other side of the river.

I freeze, taking out my slingshot and picking up a Nearby rock.

I wait a few seconds, than see Cato and Clove rushing towards me. I sprint towards my right and rush through the water. Running as fast as I can, I find a nearby cave and hide in there. I duck down as Cato and Clove rush past me and into the trees.

I'm safe down here.

As soon as I start to relax, I hear a faint noise behind me and turn around. I was expecting to see a killer tribute, but all I see is a injured Peeta.

"Peeta!" I quietly scream, I rush to him and jump into his lap. He flinches and i quickly move back.

"I thought you were dead" he says.

"No, im as healthy as can be in the arena." I say, with a little more confidence than needed.

"Where's Rue?" He asks.

I look down at the ground and Peeta must realize what is wrong and when he does, he tries to change the subject.

"Im glad your alive Prim"

I smile and look at his leg.

"Peeta you badly injured"

He shakes his head as a gesture of yes and flinches again.

"What happened?" I ask

"Cato happened. He knew something was phoney about me and slashed my leg. I found this cave and crawled here. I haven't moved since"

"How long have you been here?"

"Four days"

"Four days! Peeta your leg is infected by now and now wonder your so pale!"

I take out my powerplant and set one on Peeta.

He has a confused look and I say "its called a powerplant. It heals open wounds in the matter of 24 hours to stop the infection. In your case the infection has already began so we need to close up the wound to prevent anymore damage."

His confused look turns into a small smile and I can tell he's happy his leg will get better. What he doesn't know is his leg is so bad, if he survives, he's going to have to amputate it.

I sit inside the cave the rest of the day, eating the rabbit I found outside the cave and feeding Peeta.

Things cant possibly get worst. Right?