(15)

PRIM'S POV

"Prim?" I hear Rue ask me.

I open my eyes and find her staring at me, concerned.

"Yes?" I ask

"Are you ok?" She asks

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I ask

"Because all through the night you would be crying and saying 'Katniss' over and over again" she says.

I have?

"Oh, I'm sorry. It was just a nightmare" I say

"Why would you be crying if your sister is in your nightmare?" Rue asks

"Well...I told you about my sister, but I haven't said all of it" I say. She nods her head for me to continue "On the day of the reaping, Katniss went out to get food for after the reaping. She came back and all was well, and she gave me this pin" I say pointing to my Mockingjay pin "then she said she had to go somewhere, but I didn't know where it was and neither did my mom. She said she'd be back before reaping, but she never came back" I finish off with a tear fall down my cheek.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Prim" Rue says softly, pulling my into her arms.

"Its ok now" I smile.

Rue just shrugs.

"Come on, let's go find something to eat" I say.

****

After walking around a while, Rue and I find more water and berries. But we also encountered that the careers have a pile of supplies toppled up like a pyramid.

Wile eating the berries we gathered, I break the silence...

"How many tributes are left?"

"We have the boy from 1, both from 2, the girl from 5, Thresh and I and you and Peeta" Rue answers.

"Rue! We're down to the last 8! We're in the last 8!" I squeal.

"This is amazing!" She says with excitement

"I never even thought I would make it pass the bloodbath" I say honestly

"Well you did, so congratulations!" Rue says

"You to Rue!" I say

****

After Rue and I's little celebration, we decided to do something about that pyramid full of supplies.

"Let's go over the plan one more time" Rue suggests.

"Okay, your going to make a fire by lighting the bark. The careers will come after the first one. After lighting the first one, you move on to the next. The careers will keep following until they realize its a scam and come running back to the cornucopia" I say

"Got it. And while I'm doing this, your going to shoot the arrow at the apples and destroy all their supplies" Rue says

"Yep!" I say

"We need a signal" rue says.

"Okay. Like what?" I ask

"Let's try this" Rue says. She then whistles and I hear the Mockingjays copy her.

"The Mockingjays" I whisper to myself.

"You try" Rue says.

I then while the four note I've learned in school. The Mockingjays copy it.

"Okay, If we hear that it means we're okay and we'll be back soon" Rue says.

"Got it" I say.

I can see the terror in her eyes and she can see mine so we both pull each other into a hug.

"I'll see you soon" Rue says

"Me to" I say. I then walk over to the cornucopia.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I UPDATED! So sorry for not updating in FOREVER but here is an update so...... Yeah...

And sorry if there are any mistakes made. I didn't edit it!

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT

~Everlark_Katniss