(16)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've been EXTREMELY busy lately and that's why I haven't updated in so long...but I'm going to update as much as I can. THANK YOU FOR STILL READING!

PRIM'S POV

The cornucopia. Deadly, bloody, packed with careers.

As I stare at the cornucopia, I remember the plan Rue and I had thought of. Rue lights a fire, and the careers go after it, while I blow up the supplies.

"Hey! Look a fire!" I hear District 2 male, Cato, shout.

He points to the fire Rue lit and runs towards it with tributes, while one stays behind.

As I wait for the other career to look the other way, I notice something out if the corner of my eye. I look over and its the girl from 5. Foxface.

She seems to be...avoiding what's on the ground. What is it?

Soon enough, I figure it out. Its mines and if she steps on it. Game over for her.

She takes something and runs. As she runs, the career follows her.

This is it! I can blow up the supplies!

I take out my first arrow. Im only going to use three. To save my arrows.

I pull the arrow back, then let it fly.

I miss.

I take a few steps closer and pull out my second arrow. I pull it back and let it fly once again.

The supplies blow up.

I'm blow back from the explosion. I hit my head hard, on the ground.

"What did you do!" I hear.

I open my eyes and find someone dead, and the careers back. I have to get to Rue.

So, I stand up and run.

***

Remembering the signal Rue and I had, I whistle the four note and the Mockingjays copy. I wait a few seconds for Rue to return the signal, but she doesn't. I whistle again and wait... and that's when I hear her scream.

"Prim!" I hear Rue scream. I panic looking everywhere and don't see Rue in sight.

"Primrose!" I hear again.

"Rue!" I scream back.

I start to run to her screams.

"Prim!" I hear once again.

That's when I see her. Rue is trapped in a net, unable to get out.

"Don't worry. I'm here" I speak calmly.

I take out my knife and cut the ropes to let Rue out.

I pull her in for a hug and she cries in my shoulder.

"You're okay now" I say.

Then I hear footsteps behind me.

I turn around to grab my bow and arrow and I pull the arrow back and it hits the target in the heart. I just killed someone.

I turn back around to find the weapon Marvel used in Rue's stomach. Its over.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: So glad I updated. I feel SO much better now. There will be spelling errors, because I didn't edit this. And I'm very sorry for the shirt chapter... But here it is!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT

~Everlark_Katniss