(7)

I wake up before Effie comes into my room and yells in my ear. Today is the last day of training.

I quickly get out of bed and into my training clothes.

I brush my hair, leaving it down. I then head to the table for breakfast.

"As you both know, today is your last day of training" Haymitch begins, me digging into my parfaé "I need you two to work constantly. Do not add in social time. This is your last day to learn anything new. Today will be survival skills. Weapons have been worked on long enough. For the both of you. Also, today is the private sessions. Show them all you've learned" He concludes.

Peeta and I agree and finish our breakfast.

.

Today, Rue and I are learning how to make shelters. There not the best but it will do. We work with camouflage on the ground in case one of us can't get to a tree.

"We should put the leaves over the sticks and tie them with grass" Rue suggests. I nod my head and make the shelter. We cover it with rocks and is definitely hidden.

Durning the day, Rue and I take a little break from each other and work with our District partner. I'm with Peeta and of course she is with Thresh.

Then at lunch, we all head together and eat.

We have only a few more hours of training then its time for the private sessions.

.

"Marvel. District 1" a voice calls from the intercoms.

While I wait, Rue and I talk about what were doing for the sessions.

She says she is going to identity plants and climb trees.

"Glimmer. District 1" the voice calls, ten minutes later.

Each person is called one by one after ten minutes.

Later, it becomes just Peeta and I. I am about to say something when the voice speaks.

"District 12. Peeta"

Peeta gives me a reassuringly smile and walks into the room.

I wait patiently, going over what I'm going to do for my session.

"District 12. Primrose" the voice calls, making me jump.

I hesitate to walkout but I know I have to. I walk out and the doors open automatically.

I walk up to the game makers and say...

"Primrose Everdeen. District 12" they all turn to face me.

First I pick up a bow and arrow and make it just on the arm of the body. I look over at the game makers and see that they haven't even seen my performance.

They are looking at their meal. A pig.

I then sit on the ground, cross legged and wait for them to turn their attention on me.

After for what seems like forever, I stand up and yell...

"Primrose Everdeen! District 12! I would like your attention now!" After that, everyone looks at me.

I then quickly make a weapon of my own. Using sticks. I find a V-shaped stick and I tie grass around it. I take a rock and pull it back. Its a sling shot. I let go of the rock and it shadders a cup left on the table.

I then walk away.

.

"Primrose!" Effie yells as she walks into the room.

We are about to watch the scores we got on the private sessions.

"Yes?" I ask

"You yelled at the head game makers? She asks surprisingly.

"Don't get your wig all up in a twist. She did perfect" Haymitch cuts in. Giving me a thumbs up. I return the gesture with a big smile.

"She yelled at the game makers. Do you know what this means?" She asks angrily.

"Shhh! Its on" Haymitch shushs Effie.

We all turn our attention towards the screen.

"Hello citizens of Panem! I am your host Cesar Flickerman here to show you the tributes scores" Caesar Flickerman begins " from District 1, we have Marvel with a score of 9"

9? I'm so dead to these tributes.

It continues to go on and I pay attention when it gets to Rue.

"From District 11, we have little Rue with a score of 7"

Wow. Good job Rue.

"Next we have Peeta from District 12 with the score of 8"

"Awesome job Peeta!" I exclaim.

He gets congrats from everyone in the room.

"Lastly we have 12 year old Primrose with a score of 8"

How did I get an 8?

"Congratulations Prim!" Peeta exlaims.

Everyone congratulates me and I feel very proud of myself.

"Thank you for tuning into the Hunger Games updates! I'm Cesar Flickerman and Good night Panem!"

Then the show is off.

"Great job. Both of you" Haymitch says as does Effie.

"Great job girl on fire" Cinna smiles and gives me a hug.

I realize its 10:45 pm. and I am very tired.

"Goodnight everyone" I say yawing.

Since I am already in my pajamas, I quickly get into bed as Peeta tucks me in. As usual.

"Goodnight Prim. Great job" he smiles.

"Thank you Peeta. You two. And goodnight" I say back

He pulls the covers over me and walks out the room.

I can't believe I got an 8.