(10)

I wake up with a sad feeling in my stomach. Tomorrow are the games. This might be the last day I'm alive.

I go out of my room and see Effie and Haymitch are by the door. Peeta stands in front of them.

"What's going on?" I ask

"Well sweetheart, Effie and I have to leave. This is goodbye. For now" Haymitch answers.

"What? Leave?" I ask confused

"Primrose darling" Effie cuts in "I know its a sad time, but you just have to acept it. I will miss you dearly and I know you will make it out alive" Effie soothes me.

Unable to control my tears, I give Effie a big hug. Cinna and Effie are the only people who I actually like in the Capitol. Haymitch is okay.

"Goodbye Effie. I'll miss you" I say.

"Goodbye my girl" she cries.

Once I let go, Haymitch and I hug while Effie and Peeta hug.

Before leaving, Peeta asks...

"Any last advice?"

Haymitch smirks then says "Stay alive"

After that, they walk out and I have a strong feeling I won't be able to see them ever again.

I look to Peeta and see he is trying to be strong.

"Peeta?" I ask

He looks at me and asks "yes?"

"What do we do now?" I ask

"I'll show you" he says. With that, he holds his hand out for me and I gladly take it.

He leads me outside and what seems to be on the roof?

"Why are we on the roof?" I ask

"Because it's nice out" he smiles.

I sit down and examine the view.

It is veryut beautiful. Very fewly times in 12 is there ever a sight such as beautiful.

"What are you thinking about?" Peeta asks me

"The view. Do you want to hear a story?" I ask, egar to tell him.

He laughs "sure"

"Okay" I begin "there was this one time when I was young. Well, even more young. And Katniss and I were going home from school. It was just Spring and Katniss and I saw something so incredible. It was a yellow dandelion. First one of the season! We rushed home with it and put it in water. It was so incredible!" I conclude.

"Wow! That's a great story" Peeta says.

I can't help but smile. I love that story. I will always remember it. Well, always would probably mean by tomorrow because I might die tomorrow.

The rest of the day, Peeta and sit on the roof and tell stories, play hide and go seek, read, and basically have fun all day! He is like an older brother to me. And the rest of the time I'm alive, I need an older sibling. Since one bailed on me.

Its time for bed and I am NOT happy about it.

I go into my room and lay on the bed. Unable to sleep.

Usually I can't sleep, but this time its way different. Tomorrow I am going to die and I know it. I don't want to, its just I can't beat the careers and the older tributes!

Peeta soon comes in and tucks me in. He seems to notice that I have been crying because he asks...

"What's wrong?"

He sits at the end of my bed as he waits for me to speak.

"The games. I'm going to die. I cant win" I say

"Yes you can" he says

"What makes you think a 12 year old little girl from District 12 can actually win against 23 other tributes" I ask him.

"Your quicker then they are. Your smaller, you smarter, you can identify plants and animals. I bet they can't do those types of things" Peeta says.

"Yeah...but what if I die? What will happen to me? Or you?" I ask

"I'll make you deal" he says

I nod my head for him to continue.

"If I die, you have to win for me. Avenge me and don't give up" he says " if you die, I'll win for you. I'll avenege you. No hesitation"

"Would you actually try and win for me?" I ask.

"That and so much more" he says

"Thank you Peeta" I say

I then lean in and give him a big hug. He always knows what to say to make me feel better.

"We should get some sleep. Goodnight Prim" he says as he pulls the covers over me.

"Goodnight Peeta" I say.

He kisses the top of my head and walks out the room, the door left halfway open.

As much as I don't like this place, I will definitely miss it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the late update, but here it is and also, sorry for the short chapter. It's just a dill in and I honestly just want to get to the games😂

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT!

Everlark_Katniss