(11)

Today. The games. The arena. My death.

The games are today. The games are today. The games are today.

I slowly get off my bed. I see a black shirt, black boots, and dark green pants on the edge of my bed.

I get dressed and walk out of my room.

I see Peeta, his stylist Portia and Cinna all eating at the table.

I sit with them and eat my last meal in silence.

Which seems only seconds later (but its not) Cinna speaks up and says...

"We better get going if we want to make it there on time"

We all agree and head out the door.

****

I just got off of the hovercraft that carried us tributes to the arena. I'm now in the launch room, awaiting my death.

As soon as Cinna and I get into the room, Cinna hands me my jacket.

He puts it on me and notice the pin Katniss gave me.

Cinna puts his pointer finger to his lips showing to not say anything.

I nod my head and mouth 'thank you'

We sit on the seats they have provided until I hear a voice go off that says...

"60 seconds till launch"

I start to shake. I have never been more scared in my entire life.

We get up from the seats and Cinna pulls me into a hug.

"30 seconds till launch" the voice speaks again.

We continue to hug. The voice goes off again and says " 20 seconds till launch"

Cinna pulls away from the hug and whispers to me...

"I'm not aloud to bet, but if I could, I'd bet on you"

"Thank you Cinna"

"10 seconds till launch" the voice speaks.

I feel a tear drop from my eye as I step into the tube. Cinna gives me a reassuring nod and I feel the tube lift.

I panic and frantically look around.

Soon, I am met by a bright sunlight.

I squint as my eyes adjust to the sun.

As it adjusts, I see the cornucopia and tributes and trees, a lake, and tall grass.

Great.

I look to my right and see Rue 4 people down. She looks at me to and shakes her head.

What's that supposed to mean?

I dont see Peeta anywhere. He might be itn the other side.

Then, I hear a countdown from 60.

I look at the things piled around the cornucopia.

45, 44, 43-

I see a backpack closest to me. What if I get it? Will I die?

20, 19, 18-

I see a bow and arrow, but those are in to deep. I will surely die. I have to at least try and win.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

The gong then sounds.

I rush over to the backpack that is close by me.

I feel a hard shove on my right shoulder and I fall to the ground.

I see the District 1 boy standing on top of me. He smiles evily and before he can do anything, he gets pushed off.

I look up and see Rue with the pack and holding a hand out for me. I take her hand and am up on my feet again.

I see Peeta and Marvel, is his name, fighting. Then, Peeta punches Marvel in the nose and I see him run off into the trees.

Rue and I follow him.

As soon as we get to the trees, I don't see Peeta anywhere. I look around as I'm running, but I can't seem to find him anywhere.

Where could he be?

Rue and I continue running deeper into the woods. Then, we both tumble down the hill.

It hurts but at least it gets us farther away from the other tributes.

After running for what seems like an eternity, Rue and I finally come to a stop.

We both rest by log and try to catch our breaths.

After moments of silence, Rue says...

"At least we survived the blood bath"

I give her a smile. I cant believe we actually did.

Rue then sets the backpack in between us and starts pulling things out of it.

"Okay" Rue begins "we have one knife, one sleeping bag, two bottles of water witch are both filled, a rope, night vision glasses, some type of wire thing, and two pairs of socks"

"That's good. At least we can hopefully stay warm at night" I say

"Yeah" she says.

As Rue and I put away the supplies, we hear cannons go off.

I count how many go off and twelve do.

"What did you count?" Rue asks as the cannons stop firing.

"Twelve. You?" I ask

"Twelve" She says.

We sit at the log for a bit longer until I say...

"We should probably start to find a better place for the night"

"Okay" she replies.

She gets up and grabs the bag.

"Do you want me to hold it?" I ask

"No, I got it. Thanks though" she says.

"Okay, but when it starts to get heavy, tell me so I can carry it" I say

"Okay" she smiles.

****

We walk for 2 hours and then stop when we see a tree with one big branch that could fit the both of us.

We both climb the tree, Rue first then me.

Once we get to the branch, we take the sleeping bag out and we both get in. Luckily, the bag is big enough for two people.

We then tie the rope around the trunk so we don't fall off.

We talk for a little while about what were planning on doing in the these two weeks.

Of course, neither of us mention that one of us are going to die. There can only be one winner.

We soon here a loud noise in the sky and it shows the Capitol seal. It plays the anthem and shows all who died.

The District 3 female, both tributes from 4, District 5 male , both from 6, 7, and 9, District 8 male, and lastly the female from 10.

How did I ever mange to survive?

"We better get some sleep" Rue says.

"Okay. Goodnight" I say.

"Goodnight" Rue says.

This will be one long two weeks.