(6)

"Wake up Primrose!" Effie yells in my ear in her bright Capitol voice.

I rub my eyes and say...

"Yes?"

"You have to be ready for training. Now, get changed and then eat your breakfast" Effie says then walks out the room.

I quickly change out of my pajamas and into my training clothes.

I then head out for breakfast.

On my plate, I have a tureen of fruit and rolls with apple cider. Apple cider is very good.

After talking about what everyone is doing today, Peeta and I head off to training for the day.

As soon as we get there, Peeta goes to do his things and since Rue isn't here yet, I decide to work on weapons.

Since Rue thought bow and arrows worked best for me, I headed over to them.

I remember what Katniss taught me before.

"No Prim!" Katniss laughs "you have to hold the arrow the other way around"

"But if I do, the animals would get hurt" I say

"Don't worry. Here" she says " hold the arrow up to your cheek and focus on the target. Make sure the arrow is pointing right on the target"

She shows me how to do it. Then, she spots an aniaml and shoots it right away.

"No Katniss!" I scream, running to the hurt animal "we have to get him back!"
I fix the arrow, making the pointer be right on target. I pull the arrow back to my cheek, just as Katniss taught me, and I relise the arrow.

I didn't do to bad. I made it on the body.

"Nice shot" I look around and see Rue standing behind me.

"Thanks" I smile "I just don't think I'm much of a killer"

She laughs "neither am I"

Durning training Rue and I go to many different weapon stations.

We go to knives for her and she is en expert. Then we try climbing.

I would say climbing is Rue's and my skill. Were small, so branches can't break easily, if there are trees.

Durning lunch, Rue and I sit next to Peeta and Thresh. Thresh is from District 11, along with Rue. Hes a nice guy.

Training is done for the day, and Peeta and I head back to our penthouse. It is the largest of all because we are the last District.

Once we get home, I smell and feel so dirty. So I decide to take a shower.

After my shower, I change into black leggings and a pink shirt with ruffles.

I brush down my hair and head to dinner.

For dinner, we are having Creamy Pumpkin Brew. It tastes weird, but its ok.

"So, tomorrow is your last day of training then comes the Private lessons, interviews, and you have a day to yourself before the games" Effie says

"Wait. We only have four days left?" I ask

She shakes her head yes

"I have four days to live until I die" I mumble to myself. But clearly I was loud enough for Peeta to hear me.

"Prim, your not going to die" he says

"How do you know that? I'm a 12 year old going up against people who are a lot older then me. I've never once witnessed a 12 year old win the games" I say

"Primrose, your going to be okay. You have Peeta" Effie coos.

"Thank you for the meal. But I'm not hungry anymore" I say "please excuse me"

I then rush off to my room.

I'm a 12 year old fighting to the death. How am I supposed to compete with careers who are 16, 17, and 18?

They are born to be killers! But a 12 year old from District 12, is not supposed to win the games. Ever.

I lay on my bed. Not daring to move.

Its four days till I have to survive. Its not fair. I can't do this. I can't win.

I sob on my pink fluffy pillow when I hear a knock at the door.

I don't say anything or move. I can't help but think that I will die in a couple days.

"Prim? Its Peeta. Please open up" Peeta pleads.

I sit up, wiping the tears from my eyes, and open the door.

He smiles as he sees me, but I quickly head back to my bed.

He sits in the edge of the bed, one hand on my back.

"Its going to be okay. You have Rue as an ally and you have me" he says after a few moments of silence.

" I don't think a 12 year old is going to win the games Peeta" I snap.

"You never know. There's a first time for everything right?" He says

I finally sit up and say...

"Do you honestly believe that I have a chance of winning?" I ask

"Of course. I'm not going to lie to you" he says

"No. I guess not" I say

"Now. You stop your crying or I'm going to have to tickle you" he says with a smile.

"Okay..." I sniffle.

"Hey! I said stop crying!" He yells while laughing.

"I didnt-" he cuts me off by tickling me. I haven't had this much fun since the morning before reaping day.

He finally stops and I have to catch my breath.

"Goodnight Prim" he says, pulling the blankets over me.

"Goodnight Peeta" I say, getting my laughing under control.

He leaves the room, making sure the door is a little bit open.

I then fall into a sleep full of dreams.