Chapter 2- Plea Bargaining✅

Chapter 2
Loving His Demons
David's POV
April 27th

I groan loudly as I hit my head repeatedly on my desk. "What's wrong sir" Kanton asks me. I look up and see him looking over with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his mouth.

"Shut up" I muttered. He chuckles quietly "No seriously what's wrong?" He asks.

"Some cops don't know how to do their damn job right" I mutter. He raises a brow signaling for me to continue.

"Stupid ass cops expect me to do my job when they can't even do there's. They can't write a report correctly they have no real evidence to arrest the guy and they want me to take it to court? No. I'm not gonna take a case to court knowing that there's no chance a Jury is gonna choose guilty as the verdict yet I have Detective Newton up my ass claiming I'm not doing my job!? Like are you fucking kidding me!? Give me some evidence and write a goddamn report correctly and I'll take him to court" I say fuming.

"Easy there Tiger" Kanton says "Don't let him get you angry he's not worth it Boss. Leave him in the past and focus on your job. If you claim he doesn't have enough evidence then tell him and move on to the billion other cases you have alright?" He tells me

I nod my head and breathe deeply "You're right." I tell him

"Of course I am" he smirks.

There's a knock on my office door "Come in" I tell him.

Detective Newton (Jaxson) walks in "May we speak?" He asks.

"Do I have a choice"? I sigh and sit down motioning with my hand for him to sit. "I'd prefer speaking to you alone" he tells me.

"Well that's not gonna happen. You are here for business and Kanton is here for his job so speak" I tell him.

His eye twitches as he tries to remain professional. "I want to know why you made me let Alan James go" he states.

I tap my fingers on my desk. I have my right leg crossed over my left thigh and my right hand on my ankle. "Why did you arrest him?" I ask him.

"Because he did it." He tells me.

"Detective Newton why did he supposedly do it?" I ask him.

He keeps his mouth shut. "I know he did it! So do you! You're just doing this to smite me!" He yells.

I take a deep breath to calm my rising anger. "I know he did it Detect-"

"Stop calling me that!" He yells.

My eye twitches "If you're going to act like a child then you get out." I tell him. He makes no motions to leave. "As I was saying, I know he did it. I was there when he called you and mocked you. I was there 5 years ago when he started this and I'll be here when you end it okay? I remember all the nights it kept you up. I promise we'll get him. Okay? But I need you to do your job and do it correctly or else I can't help you." I tell him. He sighs defeated. "You're right" he tells me.

His phone beeps and he answers it "Hello?"
"Yeah?"
"Shit"
"Yeah okay I'll be there as soon as I can" he states.

"What happened" I demand. "There's been another murder." He tells me.

"Is it related to the case?" I ask him. He shakes his head no "No but it looks like you'll be adding another case to your load" he tells me.

"That's fine go catch the bad guy" I tell him.

He moves to walk away "and Newton?" I say and he turns around. "Do it correctly please. I'm with you not against you. Remember that" I tell him. He nods sadness in his eyes. "I'll call you when I know more" he tells me. "Sounds good" he opens the door and leaves.