Chapter 21- Stupid Hormones!

Chapter 21

Loving His Demons

Wyatt's POV

October 10th (21 weeks pregnant)

I walk into David's office at home and lean against the doorframe. "Babe?" I call softly. He looks up at me and signals me to continue. "Do you want to go out to eat tonight?" I ask softly.

"I can't I'm busy" He dismisses and I feel my eyes water "O-okay" I say and leave his office I walk back to the bedroom and sit on my bed and bring my knees to my chest and silently cry.

He forgot my birthday... or maybe he didn't forget and he's just punishing me for what I said about our daughter last week. I didn't mean it though! I really don't know why I said that and ever since then David won't look at me. He sleeps on the couch but whenever I have a nightmare about the assault he comes into my room and calms me down but then leaves when I fall back to sleep.

I know he said he still loves me... But I feel like he hates me now and that thought has me breaking into sobs.

"Daddy! Look Look what I got!" He says and I quickly wipe my tears away as he jumps on the bed and shows me his new stuffed animal.

"Daddy? Are you crying? What's wrong?" He asks and I shake my head. "I'm not crying. I'm okay baby why don't you go play with you new toy"  I say and he frowns and puts his head and gets off the bed and walks out of the room.

Once he's gone I break into sobs again thinking about the possibility of David hating me. I jump when I feel myself being moved to David's lap which only makes me cry harder. I wrap my arms around his neck and sob into the crook of his neck

He rubs my back softly and let's me cry. "Y-you Hate me!" I cry and he sighs. "I don't hate you Wyatt" He says and I look up at him only to see him looking at the wall.

"Yes you do! You haven't called me babe or button in a week. You barely speak to me! You sleep on the couch! You can't even look at me!" I cry into my hands

David gently moves my hands away from my face and wipes the tears out of my eyes. He kisses my forehead and looks me into the eyes.

"I do not hate you Button" He says softly and kisses me.

He gives me a small smile when he pulls back. "Come on let's go take a shower" He says holding his hand out.

"Together?" I ask him and he nods his head and I wince making him raise a questioning brow.

"What?" He asks and I sigh as my self-loathing rises.

"You're going to be so mad at me" I mumble and he looks at me confused.

Sighing I take my long sleeved shirt off and he looks over my body until he spots my arm making his eyes widen at the angry marks and words on my arms.

He grabs my arm causing me to wince slightly as he reads over the words

'fuck up'

'hated'

'fat'

'pathetic'

'worthless'

"Jesus Christ Wyatt" He looks up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Babe why would you do this to yourself?" He asks softly.

I shake my head and try taking my arm back but he holds onto is tightly.

"I-I was hurting... I thought you hated me... I know that's no excuse but I was so overwhelmed.... I'm sorry" I say putting my head down in shame. David tilts my head up and kisses my forehead lightly and tugs me into his arms. I hug him back resting my head on his chest.