Chapter 26- Emotional day, Family night.

Loving His Demons

Chapter 26

David's POV

December 2nd

"D-Dad?" I hear Wyatt say and I quickly see a man that has similar features to Wyatt.

His dad scans over Wyatt's body and lands on Wyatt's bump.

Wyatt's dad sneers "What a fucking disgrace" He hisses and Wyatt starts shaking. "Such a whore can never keep it in your pants. Disgusting" his dad spits and starts walking towards Wyatt.

I quickly push Wyatt behind me. "If you lay one finger on him I will have you arrested and in prison faster then you can blink" I yell.

Wyatt whimpers and rubs my back trying to calm me down knowing how I get when I'm angry.

His dad scoffs "You can't do that" He states.

"I have a lovely contact that can and I am a lawyer so I will personally makes sure you're rotting away in prison if you touch him so be smart and walk away now." I say.

He punches me in the face and then leaves.

I hold my aching jaw and breathe through my nose trying to calm down.

"M-monkey?" Wyatt says softly tugging on my arm. I turn around and see Wyatt trembling with tears down his face. When he sees my face he starts crying harder.

I quickly wrap my arms around him and try and sooth him. He cries into my chest and I rub his back softly.

"H-He hurt you it's all my fault" he cries harder.

"Shh baby I'm okay. See? I'm fine button don't worry" I say

He looks up at me his eyes are red and puffy and his lip trembling signaling he's holding back tears.

I kiss his forehead "Come on button let's go home and take a hot bath together and relax stress isn't good for the baby" He nods his head against my chest not letting go of me.

I sigh and pick him up in my arms and he wraps his legs around my waist.

I walk to the car and dig into my pocket and find my keys. I unlock the car and set Wyatt in the car gently I reach over and buckle him into the car.

He whimpers when I let go of him and I quickly jog around the car to the drivers side and opemed the door and got into the car.

He grabs my hand and buries his face into my shoulder.

I put the keys into the ignition and start the car. I drive for 15 minutes having to listen to Wyatt's whimpers the whole time broke my heart.

I pull into the the driveway and turn the car off. I walk around and open the door. I unbuckle Wyatt's seatbelt and pick him up. He buries his head into my chest and I open the door to the house.

Sophie looks at me worry etching her face when she sees the bruise slowly forming on my cheek.

I wink at her letting her know I'm alright. I climb the stairs and walk into our bedroom and into our ensuite bathroom.

I sit him on the bathroom counter and walk over to the bath tub. I turn it on hot and turn to leave the bathroom after it filled up.

"Don't leave" Wyatt whimpers

"shhh I'll be right back I just need to check on the kids" I say and he nods his head.

I quickly leave and walk downstairs to talk to Sophie.

"Hey so he's really upset. I'm gonna have him take a bath and then a nap. Can you stay until I get him to sleep?" I ask her

"Of course it'll be great Practice for me" She says with a sparkle in her eyes.