Chapter 9- Breakdown after Breakdown

Chapter 9
Loving His Demons
Wyatt's POV
May 29th

I woke up the next morning wrapped in David's arms. I look around confused and then everything from last night resurfaced. I cover my hand over my mouth and try to keep in the sobs.

"Shh. It's okay Wyatt you're safe he didn't hurt you. You're alright." David whispers in my ear and hold me. I sob into his chest and he rubs my back.

"I-I w-was a-almost r-r-raped" I cry out. David pulls me away from his chest until I am eye level with him.

"ALMOST Wyatt you were ALMOST raped but you weren't okay? You weren't because I saved you I'll always save you Wyatt because you have become extremely important to me and I trust you. I don't know how or why but I do, I trust you. So trust me and I promise we'll get through this together because you're my friend" David says.

I calm down and lay there in silence for about a half hour

"How about some food?' I groan

"You promised Wyatt" I groan again "I hate breakfast food!" I pout

He looks at me shocked. "You hate breakfast food!?" He yells. I shrink back in fear and his face softens. "Don't be scared its okay I was just shocked because breakfast is my favorite" he says and I laugh softly

"It's not my favorite I could live without it" I say and he sighs. "What am I gonna do with you?" He asks and I giggle.

"So you don't like ANY breakfast food?" He questions and I shrug.

"I'd eat chocolate pancakes or chocolate chip pancakes" I state and he rolls his eyes. He gets up and pulls me up with him. We head downstairs and I see two large men sitting at the table.

I step back and my body starts shaking "Wyatt? Hey what's wrong?" David says and I flinch away from his touch

I step back and my body starts shaking "Wyatt? Hey what's wrong?" David says and I flinch away from his touch. "Make them go away, make them go away" I mumble repeatedly.

"Who? the guys at the table?" David asks and I nod my head fast.

"Shh it's okay they're gone I promise, you can open your eyes now." He says. I timidly open my eyes one at a time.

"I'm sorry. I-I wasn't expecting them. Big guys scare me now" I whisper pathetically.

He smiles at me "it's okay. I understand a lot more than you think" he says sadly

I look at him curiosly. "You do?" I ask and tilt my head like a puppy. He nods his head "yeah I use to be a scrawny kid who was scared of everyone even if they weren't bigger then me" he tells me. I nod my head slowly.