Chapter 4- Family dinner ✅

Chapter 4
Loving His Demons
David's POV
May 4th

"Hey baby how you feeling?" My dad Nicholas says softly walking into my room with a tray of food. I shrug and grit my teeth facing the wall.

He comes over and rubs my back "I know you're hurting baby. But you need to take a deep breath and tell yourself that you're strong and that you can do this. You've been out of work for a week David and there's people out there who need you. Think of the victims, think of how much pain you went through as a child use that to get your ass out of bed and back to work" He tells me.

I listen but don't acknowledge him. "Look at me now" he says sternly. I turn around and look at him. "You're gonna eat your food, take a shower, and get to work understand? There's people out there that need you so if you won't help yourself then help them do I make myself clear?" He asks.

"Yes daddy" I mumble. I eat the food he brought me and head into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower, walking into the bedroom. I hear my phone go off. Sighing softly I grab it "Picozzi" I reply emotionless.

"You have a new case." Detective Newton says. I put him on speaker phone and start putting my suit on. "Give me the details" I tell him.

"I got a call last week it was a murder at a household

"I got a call last week it was a murder at a household. A woman called it in. Victims name is Levi Cavanagh he was found shot in the back of the head by his garage door. There was 2 other bullet hole in the garage door. There's 3 suspects Isaac, Sophie, And Tyler. I need you to get me an arrest warrant." He states.

"On what grounds? Who are you arresting? Why are you arresting them? Goddamnit Newton you better have probable cause or so help me god" I growl.

"Calm yourself Jesus David. I have probable cause his hair was found at the scene, the bullets matched his gun, he had GSR on him and his DNA was found at the scene if that's not enough evidence I don't know what is." He says.

"All right all right. I'll call the judge and get the warrant. Meet me at my office in an hour" I tell him as I'm walking out of my room.

I walk into the kitchen and grab my briefcase and keys I see my dad drinking some coffee and I gag at the sight. "That is so disgusting" I shudder. He smirks and takes another sip. I narrow my eyes.

"You coming to dinner tonight? He asks. I groan "Well I wasn't planning on it"

I see the sadness in his eyes "I know you don't like Adrian but I really want you to come to dinner. Please?" He asks. "I don't trust him" I scoff.

"Baby you don't trust him because you haven't give him a chance. Your siblings like him" he says.

"Yeah and my siblings hate me so obviously they're going to go against me." I say bitterly.