xi . gamble

After the group had decided on their teams, they all said their goodbyes to one another, leaving for wherever they needed to be next. Emiri and (first name) decided to pick up Rina from her classroom to spend the break together before the next lesson would begin. Reaching Rina's classroom, they found her playfully―maybe even flirtatiously―bantering with a guy they had not seen before, probably a classmate of hers.

Clearing her throat, (first name) made it known to Rina that she and Emiri had arrived. She also wanted to dissolve the situation for Emiri's sake who looked very uncomfortable at the sight in front of her. Rina turned her head and saw her friends waiting for her, so she said goodbye to the boy and went towards her friends. "Well, did the team live up to its name?" Rina joked, referring to the corny name Naoki had given their group because of what got them together―the colour red, the colour of the lots they had drawn and the colour of love, therefore it was The Group of Love.

(first name) sighed. "Well, Hanamori and Oshima weren't fighting this time," she explained, making Rina shake her head. "That's not what I'm talking about," she told her friend, taking a glance at Emiri who immediately turned red. "Have you asked him out yet?" she pushed further, grinning widely. "P-please stop making fun of me!" Emiri replied, pouting. Rina put an arm around Emiri's shoulder and said, "No one's making fun of you, Emiri! I'm just trying to motivate you to take the first step!"

"T-that― I could never do that!" the shorter answered, her puppy-like eyes looking up at Rina. (first name) smiled at the sight of her two best friends getting along. She wanted to pull out her phone out of her bag to check what she had missed, but instead she grabbed a small note that was in her bag for unknown reasons. Pulling it out, she read it in her mind.

Yo, (last name)! Here's my mail address*, so we can stay in touch for the project!

minecraftboyy26@xxx.jp

- Naoki ☆

This guy is an embarrassment, she commented, frowning at the paper in her hand. She had to remember what had happened a few hours ago, what he claimed to have been a simple joke. However, (first name) could not help but be annoyed at his behaviour―he was making fun of her! She was ready to just crumple up the paper, but before she could do so, an idea crossed her mind. "Emiri~!" she called, gaining said girl's attention. "Here, Hanamori's mail address. Make sure to contact him!" (first name) thrusted the note into Emiri's hand who looked at it, seemingly lost. "B-but it says it's for you?" she noted and was about to return the paper. (first name) waved her hands in front of her and shook her head. "Don't sweat it. I don't need his stupid mail address," she replied.

"Now that you have Naoking's mail address, why don't you message him? Just a friendly little chat!" Rina suggested and poked Emiri's cheek. "I can't do that!" Emiri answered, looking at the note. "I don't think he would be interested in someone like me anyway," she continued, a sad tone in her voice. "Hm? Why's that?" (first name) asked back, she did not understand why Emiri, such a kind and gentle person, would think so lowly of herself. Taking a deep breath in, Emiri decided to address her suspicions. "Hanamori-kun seems to be more interested in you, (first name)-chan and I am very different from you," she half joked since that was obvious enough. The other could just sigh. This again.

"Could you please stop with that? What makes you think that Hanamori likes me?" (first name) inquired, crossing her arms. "He seemed quite excited that you two got to work together. H-he even touched you," Emiri elaborated and pouted. "You know that's just how that guy is. Annoying and way too touchy, I mean. I highly doubt Hanamori's interested in me. If that's true, I'm going to the moon," (first name) joked even though it was getting on her nerves that everyone thought Naoki and her were interested in each other when this was clearly not the case.