xvi . overexertion

"I really want to kiss you, (first name). Can I?"

(first name) stared at Touya wide-eyed. The atmosphere was different from when he had asked before―he felt more serious. He had just revealed to her how no one seemed to miss her, how could he even think about something like that now? Seeing how overwhelmed (first name) was by his question, he shook it off. He gave her a sweet smile before getting off her and tying her hands together.

It had been a few days since (first name) unwillingly started living with Touya. She thought he was way too nice for someone that had kidnapped her―was it because he claimed to love her? Did he actually love her? Sure, his behaviour was very overprotective. He insisted on accompanying her to the bathroom, waiting outside to make sure she was not going to try anything funny. Yet, he was always polite and kind to her―never using force or violence to get what he wanted. He would try to convince her, but if he saw it was no use, he would give up―very nice indeed.

It was Friday, the last day of the week. Still no sign of anyone looking for her. Surely, if anyone had been worried about her, they would have started looking for her by now―but nothing. With a heavy heart, (first name) waited for Touya to come back home―her only source of communication. She never dared to ask about the situation in school since her disappearance again after that one time. She got the message―no one cared about her.

It was almost time for Touya to come home from school. While waiting for his return, (first name) just sat on his bed or tried to sleep, so time would pass. For some reason, Touya had stopped tying her up, allowing her to move around freely in his room. However, he did lock the door and windows of his room, but other than that she was allowed to do whatever in his room, except for trying to escape.

***

(first name) sat on the bed and watched the secondhand of the clock move. Touya should have arrived home about 30 minutes ago, but there was still no sign of him. Where the hell is he? She was not worried about him, she wanted to believe, no, she was simply getting bored. Touya's room did not exactly offer the biggest entertainment. If he were here, they could at least talk. Just in time, the sound of a door being unlocked caught her attention. Feeling relieved, she got up and walked towards the door of the room which was opened the second she got there―her eyes meeting those of an angered Touya.

"What were you trying to do just now?" he inquired. He seemed irritated and completely misinterpreted (first name)'s actions. Intimidated by his bad mood, she looked for the right words which were stuck in her throat. "N-no, wait, you're misunder―!"

He did not allow her to finish her sentence. He took a step closer towards her, firmly grabbing her chin, pushing her head up, so she would look right into his face. (first name) reflexively closed her eyes―but nothing. Was she expecting something to happen? Hesitantly, she opened her eyes again, looking up at Touya. He was pissed―he had never looked at her that way before. He was always very smiley, even innocent at times when he grinned at her like a little child. She could feel her heartbeat increase at his expression.

"How stupid do you think I am? Did you really think I wouldn't notice if you tried to escape?" he scoffed, his voice was icy.

(first name) just stood still, trying to comprehend what Touya was accusing her of. She had not planned anything―how, if she was locked up in his room the whole day? Why would he not let her speak? Why was he so mad about something that could simply be spoken out?

"No, listen to―!" She tried again, but Touya would not hear her out.

"You must really hate me, huh? Why else would you have tried to get in touch with that guy out of all people?" he mumbled more to himself than for her to hear. (first name) frowned, she really had no idea what he was talking about!

"You were going to escape while he distracted me, right?" Where was he getting these assumptions from? His mood dropped with every word of his own delusion. "Don't look at me like that (first name). Better luck next time," he mocked. It was pointless to argue against him, so she thought. She just looked into Touya's piercing eyes which seemed darker than usual. His expression, behaviour and speech sent shivers down her spine.

"Do you have nothing to say?" he inquired, making (first name)'s heart drop. Rina had asked the same question back then and because she had nothing to say, Rina dropped her. Was Touya going to drop her, too? She felt dizzy, even nauseous at that thought. "I didn't plan anything. I promise," she told him with a shaky voice. Looking at him, she noticed no change in his serious expression.

I'm going to regret this...

"W-would―would a kiss convince you?" she shyly suggested, biting the inside of her cheek. The longer Touya did not react, the more nervous she became―her face was burning, her heartbeat was going crazy.

Finally, Touya showed a small smile, he even let out a small laugh. He looked noticeably relieved. He released her chin and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace. He seemed to have relaxed a bit. (first name) wanted to ask what the reason for his sudden outbreak was, but did not want to upset him again. She had a slight idea who he had been talking about anyway, but she really did not want to think about that person now. After all, he was the main reason for her current situation.

"Uh... welcome home," she whispered into his shoulder, changing the subject. She put a hand to Touya's back, slowly stroking it in an attempt to relax him. Realizing what she was doing, she pressed her face further into Touya's shoulder, trying to hide her embarrassment―even he seemed surprised at her unexpected hospitality.

"Yeah, I'm back. Sorry, (first name)," he shyly apologized. He gave her body a squeeze and much to his surprise, he felt two arms wrapping around him in return. At this, Touya could feel his heart beating faster―she was just so cute. He slightly pulled away from her, but could feel her hands clutching the shirt of his school uniform. Was she doing this intentionally or not? Was she alright or not? She did not understand. "(first name)?" Touya called her name gently, concerned by her behaviour. As adorable as he thought she was, maybe she was not feeling well and needed to hold onto him.

"I-I was serious, you know?" (first name) said softly. Her throat felt dry and her palms were sweating. She cleared her throat and continued.

What's wrong with me?

"About... you know... the―," she slowly continued. 

Why am I saying this?

"―the... the kiss."

Finally, her sentence came to an end. She did not need to look at Touya for him to notice how flustered she was by her own words―but he needed to see her. He gently lifted her head by the back of her neck, so he could see her face. She was so cute. He did not know what had come over her all of a sudden, but he surely did not mind. His hand still on the back of her neck, he slowly drew his own face closer to hers―their lips finally touching.

----------

[ last edited: 21/12/14 ]

[ word count: 1295 ]