xiv . regret

(first name) could not believe what was happening―she had trusted him, she had let him see her vulnerable side, she had felt bad for him―and Touya had taken advantage of that. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. Still holding onto her wrists, Touya looked down to her face―he seemed almost apologetic. Then why was he doing this?

"Don't look at me like this. Please," he begged, hanging his head, so he would not have to look at (first name)'s betrayed face. "I'm sorry," he said. Why did he apologize when he had no intention of undoing what he had done?

"Why?" (first name) weakly asked. Hearing the sound of her voice, Touya had to lift his head. Despite her face still being wet from the rain, he noticed the tears running down the side of her face. He put a hand to her cheek, trying to wipe away her tears, but they just would not stop. "You knew that I began trusting you, right? That's why you did this. You're awful, you know that?" For some reason, she laughed. She laughed painfully as thick tears ran down her face. Touya knew this would happen, that she would say things like this and it broke his heart. "I'm sorry," he said again and got off the girl before anything else could happen. "I'll make you some tea. Do you still like (favourite sort of tea)? Or would you prefer a hot chocolate? Or a coffee?" he asked while heading towards the door. He waited for her to answer, but she did not react at all and just left the room. With Touya gone, (first name) looked up at her wrists and tried to break free, but it did not work―she did not have the energy left to keep trying.

This is just a dream, isn't it? I will wake up soon and none of that happened, she hoped―but knew this was not the case. The pinching pain of her wet, cold clothes revealed it. The door of the room opened and Touya came in with a tray in his hands. There was a cup of tea and a small bowl with traditional Japanese sweets on it. He put it on his desk and sat down next to (first name), running a hand through her wet, tangled hair. "The tea is still hot, so you will have to wait a bit," he explained while (first name) stared at the ceiling, not even reacting a bit to Touya's presence. "Please don't cry, (first name)," he told her and lay down next to her on his bed. "Shut up," she hissed, turning her head to face Touya who was surprised by her sudden hostility. "What do you want me to do, huh? Do you want a marriage proposal for tying me up here against my will?! You're such a romantic, Oshima! Just like back then!" she mocked him.

"(first name)," he called, his voice sounded so cold and serious. Touya sat up and rolled over, so he was hovering over her again, his hands right next to her head, supporting his weight. "Do you enjoy tormenting me?" he scoffed. He sounded cruel, (first name) had not heard him like this before. She was tormenting him―was he the victim again? No, not this time, she thought. "What the hell are you talking about? How am I tormenting you? Then what are you doing to me? Do you consider this nice? Would someone who claimed to love me do this?" she spatted, almost sneering. Did he not hear himself? Why was he so egoistic?

Again, she could not hold herself back. She would regret her words later on if she was still able to do so. "I'll tell you something, Oshima. I don't love you. I never have and I never will. You're crazy. Just like Hanamori! You're both insane! You're the same as him!" she yelled. If her hands had not been bound together, she would have slapped him across the face. Maybe the stinging sensation would have woken him up. Too bad she could not do it.

Touya lowered his head after hearing her comparison, his bangs hiding his eyes which had turned empty the second she ended her sentence.

Good job, (first name), she thought when she noticed him shivering on top of her.

"I'm not like him," he slowly spoke up again. He lifted his head again, looking at (first name) with teary eyes. Even though she should not, she felt a twinge in her chest seeing Touya's expression. She began feeling bad for him again, she knew she should not, he was in the wrong here, but why did it hurt so much?

"So he has done something after all, huh?" he scoffed. "And it was bad. So bad that you ran away and cried so much, so bad that you ran into my arms, looking for shelter. I got you away from there, I protected you. And you compare me to him? Why do you hate me so much, (first name)?" he finished, his sad expression had turned cold while he was talking. (first name)'s eyes widened at what he said. Had she really accused him of being as bad as Naoki? He was not―Touya was nice, right?

"I love you," Touya said, his tired red eyes drilling into hers. "So much," he added. "Please don't hate me. I promise you everything will be alright if you just trust me. You trusted me before, right? You can do it again. Please do it again. Please rely on me. Please tell me you need me," he begged, his eyes became teary, threatening to spill any moment.

"Oshima?" (first name) called his name softly in hopes to make him snap out of his current state which she did not like to see. Her plan seemed to work as Touya came back to his senses after she had called for him. He got off her and wiped away the few tears that had gathered in his eyes. "I'm sorry," he apologized and went to his desk where the tray with the now cold tea was. "The tea got cold," he remarked. "Do you want me to make you a new one?"

(first name) nodded. It did not even matter now. Since she was already here, she could just enjoy a cup of tea with her kidnapper―she had to scoff at that thought. Touya received her answer and left the room to make her a new cup of tea. Her eyes felt heavy, her head hurt. She still did not comprehend everything that had happened today―how would she? Her good friend turned out to be a delusional lunatic in love with her who managed to turn her best friends against her, then she ran through the rain for hours and lastly, she got locked in a stranger's room. Typical Tuesday, she joked.

Can I trust him or not? What the hell am I even doing... he tied me up here, is that even a question, (first name)?! Wake up!

"Are you tired, (first name)?" Touya's voice surprised her. She did not notice he had come back, a fresh cup of tea in his hands. Nodding to answer his question, he put the tea on his desk again and stepped closer. "Okay," he sweetly smiled at her. "Let me finally change your clothes and then you can go to sleep," he announced, his eyes fixated on her body. Hearing his words, (first name) panicked. "W-what did you just say?" she decided to ask again, watching his every step as he came closer. Touya sat down next to her and started unbuttoning the blouse of her uniform, causing her to panic even more.

----------

[ last edited: 21/12/10 ]

[ word count: 1297 ]