xix . lovesick { end }

She stood still, afraid to move or even just to breathe. Hearing the careful footsteps approaching, she had trouble remaining calm. A few seconds later, she heard a door opening, presumably the door of Touya's bedroom―or alternatively, the place (first name) had claimed for herself since living here. She figured the person who had entered the apartment was examining the place, possibly looking for something or rather someone. If she did not want to be caught, she needed to hide―quick. Silently, she crept towards the door of the kitchen, planning on hiding there. However, as she moved the door, so she could hide behind it, it made an ear-piercing squeaking sound as it seemed to be quite old. Nevertheless, she quickly hid behind the door as planned, hoping the sound was not too noticeable. Unfortunately, it was. The footsteps were not as careful as before while making their way towards the kitchen―it seemed like the person did not care anymore. She breathed in a last time before holding it.

"What are you doing?"

(first name)'s eyes widened at the sudden sound of the voice in front of her, but soon the surprise faded away. "Y-you!? You almost gave me a heart attack!" she exclaimed, her hands on her chest, feeling her rapid heartbeat. Touya just blinked in confusion. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I thought you might be still asleep," he apologized, giving (first name) a shy smile. He was always so considerate of her, it was cute.

"Aren't you home too early?" she asked him when she remembered the time―it was around nine in the morning. "I wasn't feeling so good," Touya replied, pouting his lips―like a child. However, (first name) did not believe his words. Despite the fact that he always looked pale and tired―kind of like a vampire, she just noted―he did not seem any different. She wanted to question him further when the almost aggressive knocking on the door returned. Who would be so persistent―the police perhaps?

Touya became aware of the knocking. He casually walked out of the kitchen towards his front door. He would have continued if (first name) had not grabbed onto the sleeve of his shirt to stop him. He looked back at her, a puzzling expression on his face. "What if that's Hanamori who followed you home? Or the police?" she warned him, a panicked look on her face. For a moment, she spoke directly into his eyes, but it became a bit awkward due to his reaction―or lack thereof―and she averted her gaze, concentrating on the door. Touya could not suppress a sly smile at her worried words―he knew he had made it.

He turned away from her, facing the door as well. "I can promise you," he said, "that it's not that guy or the police." With that said, he gently brushed off her hand before finally answering the door. (first name) anxiously watched him do so, making sure she was out of the person's field of vision in case they decided to peek into the apartment. However, she became too nervous and fled to the kitchen, waiting for Touya to come back―hopefully.

A few minutes later, Touya actually returned to the kitchen with a plastic box in his hands. (first name) sighed heavily in relief. "Do you not trust my words?" he asked, a light note of disappointment in his words. "I do!" she quickly replied, but then changed the topic. "What's in this box anyway?"

"Oh," he put the box onto the table, "The old woman who lives across from me gave it to me. She gives me food from time to time because I'm living alone," he finished and smiled and it was contagious―(first name) had to smile as well at his pure explanation. Of course it was just a lovely granny giving him food.

"You don't have to worry about anything, okay?" Touya suddenly changed the topic. "I promised you to protect you, didn't I?" he reminded, giving her a reassuring smile. At his sight and words, (first name) felt warm inside, her heart threatening to jump out of her chest. Why was she feeling so antsy at his words?

"Are you worrying about what happened yesterday?" Touya asked, moving closer to (first name) until he stood right before her. To answer his question, she just nodded, hanging her head. However, he cradled her face in his hands, making her look at him. When he was sure she would not move away her head again, he put a strand of her hair behind her ear before caressing her cheek so gently, (first name) was sure she could fall asleep any moment.

"I told you not to worry about that guy, (first name). He will never come between us again," he informed, making her jump at his ambiguous words. She looked up at him in disbelief. "Y-you didn't―?" Before she could finish her question, Touya gently pulled her into a tight embrace, nuzzling her head into his shoulder. "I said don't worry about him anymore, okay? I'm here for you. Always," he assured her, his voice low.

"Thank you, Touya," she quietly replied and finally returned his embrace, surprising Touya. He had noticed her changes, but the sound of his name rolling off her tongue made him feel all excited. He wanted―needed―to see her beautiful face. He tried to pull away from her slightly, but her grip on him just tightened, her face pressing into his shoulder even stronger.

"(first name)?" He put a hand to her head, running his fingers through her hair.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath, leaving Touya confused. Her arms wrapped around his back, squeezing the fabric of his white shirt. His cheeks turned a light pink as he silently watched the top of her head. "This is what you wanted, right? How did you do it?" There were a few minutes of silence since Touya did not know if she was expecting an answer―he did not even know what she was talking about.

"Thank you, Touya," (first name) repeated before continuing. "Thank you for everything. If you had approached me directly, I think we could have started this differently. Kinda funny, isn't it? I was scared of you in the beginning and now you're the only person that I can trust, the only one that is with me." Then, her voice trailed off. "W-will you stay with me?" she asked shyly, slowly moving her head up, so her eyes were revealed.

Touya quietly listened to everything she had to say and he could not hold back a wide smile―an innocent smile that made (first name)'s heart flutter. However, that was far from the truth. He smiled because he finally got what he wanted, what he had been dreaming about at nights, what he had imagined every time he stalked her―it was almost unbelievable that his cruel plan had finally come to an end.

He felt a small hand tugging on his shirt, making him snap out of his thoughts. He looked down at her and saw her hazy and fierce eyes glued to his face, anxiously waiting for a reaction. Touya moved his hand to the back of her head, gently tilting it backwards. Finally, she received her anticipated reaction in the form of soft lips covering hers. She could feel her face heating up even more, but she did not care right now―she was completely focusing on the person in front of her who loved, needed and longed for her. Her head was starting to feel dizzy, was she perhaps sick? Was it perhaps love? Yes, she was sure, this was what love felt like―finally she had realized her feelings for the person she used to fear, hate and push away, something she regretted big time.

If only she would realize and regret the right thing. She did not realize how dirty he had played his sick game and he would make sure she never found out what happened outside while she had been trapped in his apartment.

She was sicksickly in love with someone who was even sicker.

----------

a/n:

hey loves, congrats on making it to the end! which isn't the end lol because! there's actually a sequel to twisted called ruin which you can find on my profile!! thank you for reading <3

[ last edited: 21/12/17 ]

[ word count: 1387 ]