Reception : Chapter 2

Beth's POV

We got out of our truck and saw that people had followed us here. Jake picked me up again, kissed my lips, and went in the door. I saw people following us in and I stopped Jake and got down. Then, I kissed him passionately before people came in the building.

"Beth! You ran off on us." Anna said as Jessie and her came running in with their dresses flowing.

"Hey, I was kidnapped." I said innocently looking at Jake as he looked at me and smiled.

They both rolled their eyes and we got ready for the reception. People had come up to us and we took pictures and conversed with family. Then we finally got to eat.

"I'm starving!" I say.

I got over to the table holding my catering food. I bet you can guess who is catering... Jack's Pizza. Yes, I love pizza that much. It was all cheese pizza with some cinnamon and garlic bread. It was the best catering you can get.

Jake and I went over to our table and ate our food as we stared into each other's eyes. We finished our food and got ready for a toast and dance. Anna and Jessie were going to do the toast.

"We are here to celebrate my best friends wedding, Beth Finn. I wish you both the best!" Anna said.

"I second that!" Jessie said into the microphone.

We all laughed and had our toast. Then the music came on.

"Come on, this time I'm kidnapping you." I say to Jake.

We went over and danced on a slow song. I laid my head against Jake's chest and stayed there for many songs even though they weren't slow.

"Baby, I want you to know I love you so much and more than you can ever think." Jake said looking into my eyes.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." I say as I start tearing up.

Jake takes his hands and wipes the tears with his thumb.

"I love you, Jake, and I forever will." I say to him.

"Time to throw the bouquet!" Anna yells.

I smile at her and get ready. Jake stands beside me as I throw the bouquet. I turn around and see Oh no. Jessie and Anna both had their hands in the air. Anna's hand on one side and Jessie's on the other.

"Oh no." I say smiling and laughing at them.

"Take it!" Jessie yells as she gives it to Anna.

I smile at them both and roll my eyes. Jake grabs my hand and twirls me, dips me, and kisses my lips.

"Such a romantic." I say as he pulls back.

"I know." Jake says pulling me back up and into his chest.

I felt safe with him. Looking around at all the people, I see my grandmother. My grandmother is dead. She walks toward me and stands beside me.

"He is the one. I love you, baby girl." She says and then walks away.

She slowly disappeared as she walked farther.

"Jake?" I say.

"Yeah?" He says.

"I think I see dead people." I say which makes him pull me out of his chest and look at me funny.

"What did you just say?" He asked me.

"I said... I think I see dead people." I told him again.

"Why?" Jake asked confused.

"I just saw my grandmother." I told him.

"Oh, that's good." He said pulling me closer again now knowing nothing is wrong.

Nothing could be wrong this night. Jane walked over to me and gave me a hug. She looks so mature now, you wouldn't believe it.

"Congrats, big sis." She says to me.

"Thank you." I say to her smiling.

She goes back over to my mother and talks to her. I had decided before hand that I wanted the cake during the dance. So we got ready for the cake.

"Cake!" Anna yelled as I was over there already.

I took a piece of cake and shoved it in Jake's mouth. Then smeared the frosting around his mouth and put a dot on his nose. He smiled at me and fed me a piece of cake.

"You didn't smear it all over my face." I say surprised he didn't.

"I can't do that to my wife... yet." Jake said smiling with frosting all over his face.

He went to the bathroom to wash his face as I got my cake. Eating the cake at my table, I saw Jake come back...

"For you." Jake said handing me a huge bouquet of red roses.

"Thank you!" I said smiling as I looked at them closer.

He smiles at me and I set the roses on the table. Jake comes and sits next to me, putting his hand on my thigh. I look up at him and smile.

The dance kept going on and Jake and I had an amazing time.

"Now where?" I ask Jake.

"It's a surprise." Jake said holding my hand as he led me to the truck.

We got in and he started driving to who knows where... I see he drove to our house.

"Put this on." Jake said handing me a blindfold.

I smiled and put it on. He took my hand and helped me out of the truck. Then he kissed me on my lips and I heard him open the door. Taking my blindfold off, I saw the beautiful gesture.

"Woah." I said impressed.

There was rose petals on the floor leading to some where.

"Follow them." Jake said as he grabbed my hand again.

-------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.