Bane :Chapter 9

Beth's POV

The plane had finally landed. Jake had grabbed my hand as we went out of the plane.

"Let's get a cab." I said to Jake.

"Okay." Jake said as we left the building.

We waited for a cab and finally found one.

"Where to?" The man asked.

"To the Davenport Emergency Hospital." I said to the man.

"Okay." He said as he started down the road.

Even though we still had our bags, I wanted to see Jane as soon as possible! Once we got to the hospital, Jake grabbed our bags and paid.

"Thanks!" Jake said as he left the cab.

The cab sped off and we walked into the hospital.

"I need to see Jane Jones." I said to the woman at the desk.

"Okay." She said.

I knew she knew me so she never has to ask my name...we are a loyal customer here...

"Right here." She said pointing to a door.

Opening the door, I saw Jane in the bed with Brett holding her hand.

"Beth!" Jane said smiling.

"Jane, are you okay?" I asked her.

"I will be..." Jane said looking at her wounded stomach.

"Do you know who stabbed you?" I asked her as I looked in Jake's direction.

"No, all I know is that he is a man and tried to take a little girl. He drove off in a black van." Jane said clueless of the person who did this.

"Oh." I said deciding not to tell her yet.

"Yeah, but at least the little girl is safe. They already came and visited me." Jane said.

"Oh, what were their names?" I asked.

"Marie is the mother and the girl is named Sophie." Jane said smiling when she said Sophie.

"Oh, pretty names." I said smiling at Jane.

"Yeah." She said as she looked at Brett and smiled.

I raised my eyebrow and smiled at Jane thinking she is with Brett. Jake looks at me and smiled at them. Jane breaks the eye contact with Brett and saw us smiling at them.

"What?" Jane asked blushing.

I just kept smiling at her because she knew why we were smiling at her and Brett. Jane rolled her eyes and laid back in her bed. My mother stood beside her bed holding her other hand. My mother had been here probably witnessing all the flirting between Brett and Jane.

After talking with Jane, Brett, Jake, and my mother, Jake and I are going to go talk to the police about Jane being stabbed.

"Jane, I'm going to go."I said to Jane.

"Okay, see you later." Jane said smiling at me.

I waved at her and Jake followed me out of the room.

"We are selling Rhett out!" I tell Jake when we left the hospital.

"Yeah, I know." Jake said.

We were walking to the police station as a red car pulled up to the stoplight. Do you wanna guess who was in the car??? Well it was Rhett...

"Jake!" Rhett yelled for him.

Dammit! He saw us.

"Um yeah?" Jake yelled back.

"Hop in. I'll take you where you need to go." Rhett offered.

"Um, no thanks." Jake said.

"Get in!" Rhett yelled.

Jake looked at me.

"Go. I will come back." Jake whispered to me.

Before I could say anything, Jake hopped in the car. Then the light went green. Jake just left me. So I started to the police station.

"Excuse me." A woman said as she walked by me.

"Wait, are you Beth Jones?" She asks.

"Well, no. Beth Finn." I say.

"Sorry, I just recognized you from the news a couple years ago." She said.

"Yeah." I said smiling at her.

"Well, have a good day!" She said.

"You too!" I say as I keep walking.

Damn I missed all the nice people in Iowa...

Finally, I arrived at the police station and walked in.

"Hey, Beth." Officer Mike said.

"Hey, Mike!" I said.

(We are friends.)

"I have information on who stabbed Jane and attempted to kidnap Sophie." I said to him.

"Okay, spill." He said.

"Well, his name is Rhett. And... he is Jake's brother." I said to him.

"Okay, do you know where Rhett is?" He asked calmly.

"Well, he was at the stoplight and picked Jake up. I stayed back so I could talk to you." I said to him.

"Okay, thanks Beth."He said as he signalled another officer over.

They both went out of the station to go find Rhett. I wonder what Jake is doing.

Jake's POV

"Get in!" Rhett yelled.

I told Beth to go to the station and I hoped she would do that. Getting in the car, the light turned green.

"I am freaking out dude." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I know I stabbed Jane... Beth's sister and I know you are my brother so I can trust you, right?" He asked nervously.

"Um, yeah." I say.

"Well we need to kill Beth. She knows... I don't know how but I can't go to jail." He said nervously to me.

"Why would we have to kill her?" I asked trying to convince him not to.

"Look, if you're not gonna help me... then I will kill her myself." He said.

I don't want to kill my WIFE... but I need to know the plan he has to get him busted and keep Beth safe.

"Okay." I said.

"So, you're gonna help me?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah." I said.

"Great, I knew you would be there for me!" He said confidently.

"Hey, you're my brother." I said to make him believe my lie.

"True." He said smiling.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked nervously.

"I will discuss it with you when we get to my house." He said.

"But, you live an hour away." I said.

"That's the point. I can't be too close to her..." He said referring to my Beth.

My BROTHER wants me to help him kill my WIFE...

--------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.
BTW: Bane is Brett and Jane's ship name!