Changed Plans : Chapter 12

Jake's POV

"Rhett, hey." I said so casually.

"Did you just call Beth?" He asked.

"No, my friend called me." I lied.

"Yeah, uh huh. Who?" He asked not believing me.

"Quit being rude. George called... his mother is in the hospital." I said trying to make him believe it.

"Then why did you tell him to call the police?" Rhett asked suspiously.

"Because his mother was ran over." I said with an angry expression.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." He said with a sorrowful face.

"Yeah, why would you think I called Beth?" I asked in a disgusted voice.

"Because you are married and stuff." He said knowing he didn't have any better reason.

"Rhett... seriously stop." I said pissed at him.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Well I'm leaving." I said mad.

"No, I need you." He said with puppy dog eyes.

"No, you don't." I said enraged.

"Yes, please." He said.

"Fine, but I'm going home now." I said making him a deal.

"Fine, take the car." He said throwing the keys at me.

Quickly, I caught the keys in my hand and got up. Rhett left the room and sat on the couch. Walking through the hallway, I opened the door and walked out. As I saw the car, I planned my plan. Getting into the car, I blasted the radio.

Beth's POV

After Jake hung up, I went to my bed to sleep. Getting up the stairs and into the room, I called for Jackie.

"Jackie!!!" I yelled as I heard her claws clank against the wood stairs.

Then I saw Jackie run into the room and pounce onto the bed. Smiling at her, I went over and turned off the light.

"Come here." I said once I was comfortable on the bed.

Snuggling inside the covers, I pulled Jackie close to me. Slowly, my eyes fell and I entered a deep sleep.

Suddenly I woke up to the door slowly creaking open. Then I saw a dark figure. Slowly, the figure touched my thigh.

"Ahhhhh..." I screamed bloody murder.

All of a sudden, Jackie started to freak out.

"Babe, chill. It's me." He said which made my heart go back in my chest.

Quickly, I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Sorry, I thought you were sleeping." He said as he rubbed my back.

"No, you freaked me out..." I said still able to feel my heart pounding.

"I'm sorry." He said truly.

Not answering, I kept ahold of Jake.

"I missed you!" I said as I held him tighter.

"I missed you too." He said chuckling.

He laid me on the bed and came to the other side of the bed. Jackie curled up between our legs.

"Jake, did you kill Rhett?" I asked him.

"No." He said.

"Then, What's the plan?" I asked.

"Just sleep." He said.

"I can't especially now." I said as I felt my heart going back to a normal pace.

"Okay, well... he wants me to still do the plan. I'm gonna take you to the house and he is going to you know. But... I won't let that happen, Beth. Trust me, I love you." He said which scared me but also made my heart melt.

"I love you too." I said snuggling into him more.

"We will go see Jane tomorrow." Jake said to me.

"I know." I said smiling.

"If Rhett asks, George's mother was ran over and she is in the hospital." Jake said all of a sudden.

"Oh, okay." I said.

Slowly, I fell back to sleep.

Rhett's POV

When Jake told me that fake story, I knew I needed another plan. I would have to kill them both too.

Thinking of a plan, I found the perfect one. Jake will never suspect it coming.

As I went down the hallway, I went into my room. A paper was lying on my desk and I picked it up. Then started scribbling the perfect plan down.

1. Separate them.
2. Make Jake trust me.
3. Get Beth.
4. Confront them about their relationship, like I care.
5. Chain them up.
6. Hurt Jake in front of Beth.
7. Hurt Beth in front of Jake.
8. Kill Beth.
9. Kill Jake.
10. Live happy, jail free life.

"Perfect!" I said to myself.

As long as no one gets in the way, my plan will go smoothly and perfectly.

Jane's POV

While in the hospital, I was holding Brett's hand.

"I'm glad you're okay." Brett said.

"Well I have to... you know so I can bug you all the time." I said smiling at him.

He rolled his eyes and leaned in. Suddenly, I felt sparks ignite on my forehead. He just kissed me. Good thing my mother left...

"Jane, I know you are an amazing person who will do amazing things." He said.

"Wow. Thanks." I said knowing I was speechless.

"The first day we met at the wedding, I liked you." Brett told me.

"Me too." I said blushing.

"I found you but then when I heard you were stabbed, I thought I lost you." He said looking into my eyes.

I looked back into his eyes... they were a beautiful hazel.

"Brett, I liked you too. I just never knew you thought the same way." I said grinning.

"Yes, I do. So... you should sleep. Get your energy back." He said quickly changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"As long as you're here." I said giving him a smirk.

"No problem... I like watching you sleep." He said smirking back.

"Creeper." I said chuckling.

"No, I'm kidding."He said.

I rolled my eyes and turned to my side. As I closed my eyes, I thought of who stabbed me.

Who could that have been?

------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.